Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 2x01 Intervention Part 3 $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 2x01 Intervention Part 3 $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a shitty way to get rid of the problem of raising a baby on the show. God. I don't know what's stupider, that they killed it off or that they tried to make it seem cheerful with some bullshit mystical alien nonsense.

I was not very impressed by anything at all in this episode. It all felt very unimportant and meandering when it should have been gripping and a big-ass deal. The big bad villains just sorta...died. And then the rest gave up. The only thing at all interesting seems to be whatever's up with Chloe. The Blues must have fucked around with her or something.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they went all spiritual on us. There's no way for us to know if what TJ experienced was real or just her imagination. But look on the bright side, we go back to exploring and I hear we finally gonna get to see a seeder ship.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't that whole thing with the nebula meant to prove it wasn't entierly in her head? Regardless, I'm fine with ambiguity. What did feel a little cheap though is how all those dramatic cliffhangers were solved in an almost dismissive manner. Oh and where did the bloke from Heroes come from? Was he there before?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I really hope they turn this around. This episode just seemed like filler. I really didn't buy the whole bit about the hull protecting Scott & Grier. If that were true, then everyone could just go to the bottom most portion of the ship right?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I agree, it felt very dismissive. Like someone said (Rush? Eli? Can't remember) "Well. ...Everybody's ok." *yawn*

And it's not the ambiguity that bothers me; it's the idea that they just decided "nope, no baby on Destiny" and invented some crazy-ass way to get it off the ship, *or* killed it. Both of those things are dumb, so whichever is 'real' I thought it was terrible.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, I figured they baby wouldn't survive, one way or another. If memory serves the actress didn't know she was pregnant when she got the part so they've had to improvise. Adding a baby to the cast is difficult and expensive in an already difficult and expensive show. Plus, years of watching Joss Whedon shows has conditioned me to expect death whenever things start to look happy and that baby shower was like the herald of doom.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the next episode and was definitely more impressed. I'm not, however happy at them putting that guy from Heroes on there. I HATED that character. That final season of Heroes was just a complete fucking joke and that guy didn't help. He was a terrible actor and now he's on Universe to fowl up our screens - AGAIN. Did they not think we'd recognise him from his stinking performance in Heroes, or did someone actually think he was good in that? He needs to be airlocked ASAP.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which guy are we talking about? I lost track of Heroes right when Worf became president.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Michael Dorn was on Heroes? What? I stopped watching after Claire's roommate kissed her.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Worf appeared around Season 3.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember Claire having a roommate, let alone one that kissed her, so President Dorn must've shown up before that.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Gretchen. Maybe it wasn't her roommate, I can't remember, but I think so. Somebody she met at college, anyway.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Gretchen was her room mate (later on) her first room mate was pushed out of her window by a girl who could turn invisible. That same girl who she kissed (Gretchen) was little Gracy in "The Nanny".

The guy I'm talking about is Samuel the leader of the Carnival.

--------------------

ewitte
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for ewitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking of those aliens make me think of ascention. And in one of the other episodes they actually mentioned Destiny may hold they key to ascention. I wonder if those aliens were just ancients that were stuck on one of the ships?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I think Rush believes it holds the key to Ascension. There was a throw away line regarding the name "Destiny" recently, I think that the ship will play a big role in the destiny of each of the characters somehow. It'd be nice if there was an actual arc to the story instead of them just wandering aimlessly (well at least at the whim of the ship).

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.