Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 2x09 "Visitation" $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ SGU 2x09 "Visitation" $$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not I, but still that's not quite the same thing. There's nothing about suspiciously artificial patterns, just that the big bang may not have been the first, or the last. Mind you, it would actually fit into SGU's story if those patterns originated from an intelligence that existed in the previous incarnation of the universe, so not necessarily evidence of a creator or universal consciousness after all.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know that the real-life article says nothing about artificial origins or anything like that. Certainly the premises are not EXACTLY the same. But I think the point is that some people were ridiculing the idea of a pattern in the CMB and the concept of something predating the Big Bang.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.