Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 2x10 Resurgence 1 $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ SGU 2x10 Resurgence 1 $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are all by the same studio, aren't they? There was a Cracked article on it. I liked the one with the mammoth or something (or maybe it was a leopard) but I was really stoned at the time.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Well Farscape... was a different kettle of fish. Wasn't a sci fi original. Battlestar was split up by Sci Fi but was given it's intended run.

But Farscape was still Sci Fi's flagship show and quite highly regarded at the time. Also, the first half of the fourth season was screwed up because of network meddling.

As for Galactica, it was supposed to have a fifth season. But the network started waffling and refused to commit to season five before season four aired. Seeing the writing on the wall, Moore and Eick said "fuck it" and squeezed their story into one season and ended the show on their terms. That's why the fourth season was so rushed in some parts.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to TrekMovie, the decision over whether the show will get the axe won't be until late December or January. Creators saying the story is intended for 5 seasons, but they can rap it up in one season given the chance.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that headline too. I think it's hilarious because Sci Fi/Syfy has NEVER given a full season's notice before cancellation. Farscape, SG-1, Atlantis, none of them got more than a month or two heads up. And again, see my above comment regarding Galactica.

If Syfy decides to cancel Universe, I doubt there will be enough time to wrap the show up. Because Syfy isn't in the business of making quality science fiction drama; they're just angling for whatever they think gets them the most eyeballs.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.