Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate Universe Cancelled... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Stargate Universe Cancelled...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This completely sucks. I love the show. Finally we get a show with a good arc going with all kinds of potential to tie things together over the course of time... and they end *the 17-year franchise* on a friggin' cliffhanger.

It's the ultimate middle finger to fans who have supported their network.

*grumble*

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
simple. don't support the network...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, MGM hasn't said boo about this yet, so they may be shopping around for a network. There's a slim chance Space might pick it up, but I doubt it. Of course, NBC or CBS might pick it up to have something to compete with V, which has been renewed.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's hoping. Sounds like the actors are all pretty resigned to it though. So if they're going to find another network it better happen quick before people start getting jobs.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Member # 1203

well after reading it's wiki entry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

i'd say that it's dead Jim. Of course, this explains many things that we bitch about from TV & movies.

One, they think alot like congress, that they can fuck off with the cash today and care less about the deficite (because they will just ragequit when it becomes nessessary).

Two, they are seriously stupid with the money they had in the first place. How many times have they (the current exes at MgM banged thier heads at the loss of potential profit they could have had with thier titles once the age of DVDs came to be? clearly Old Ted was very wise in his hatcheting of assests back in the day...)

--------------------

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
...something to compete with V, which has been renewed.

V has been renamed? To what?

As for SGU...that's a shame, just like Firefly. [Frown] I've not seen any SGU...at least I can save cash and buy the "complete" series. Networks just don't have stamina anymore. [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Renewed. Not renamed.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not worth saving money for. It's barely worth downloading. I didn't think anybody really liked SGU..I was getting a very 'meh' vibe around here in the SGU threads..but now it's cancelled and everyone's nerdraging [Wink] ....
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because we didn't comment didn't mean we didn't watch it...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't listen to the naysayers like Daniel. I liked it and so did my friends! I'm VERY disappointed.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Maybe MGM can at least arrange to do an SGU movie to tie everything off. As if fan satisfaction will have anything to do with that decision...
Teh PW
Member # 1203

LOL with who's money?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ark of Truth (which also wrapped up a series) made alot of money. Continuum didn't make as much, but it did make a profit.
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Renewed. Not renamed.

*Looks at previous posts*

Oh yeah...

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Just because we didn't comment didn't mean we didn't watch it...

Wait, are you suggesting not everyone on the internet posts their every thought and opinion on a daily basis? Crazy talk!! [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps