Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ V 2x01 "Red Rain" $$

Author Topic: $$ V 2x01 "Red Rain" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, who's keeping up with this show?

What are the odds Tyler is a sort of V/human hybrid? We know already that Krycek isn't Tyler's biodad, even though Erica swears up and down he is. He obviously can't be as much of a hybrid as Ryan's baby is, as it would've been born with a tail and no human skin.

The big reveal! We now know what Vs look like under the human skin.

Joshua is back, but apparently has no memories of the circumstances of his death, or being Fifth Column at all. Theory: he manipulated his memories somehow so that, in the event he was killed and resurrected, he couldn't betray the Fifth Column.

New guy in the Fifth Column, Earth Division: a scientist that discovered partial V remains that are in the range of 50 years old. How can a single man excavate a site and keep those remains secret?

Anna's mom, Diana from the original series, is apparently a prisoner and has been presumed dead. Why has Anna kept her around?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the red rain was to fill humans up with phosphorous so the V's could breed with them? Or was it that the V's planned on eating the humans while breeding?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would they need humans to breed? Just a few episodes ago we saw how a queen could spawn hundreds of offspring in one go? It can't be a simple as food either since...hold on, how we ever seen a visitor eat *anything*?

Personally I suspect they're just terraforming (or rather V-forming) the planet ahead of full colonization.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look like this:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/jan11/valien.jpg

Kinda hard to reconcille this into a human shell.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'd be a squeeze for sure, but it could fit I suppose. I'm more amazed they can mimic human movement without it looking unnatural with such radically different anatomy.

That was actually one of the great things in MiB, you could actually believe the guy was a giant cockroach shoved inside a human skin just by the way he walked.

Personally I'm still confused at their need to appear human. It's pretty clear they're fully capable of a military conquest, so why go to all this trouble?

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they don't want the Earth's ecosystems to get damaged, maybe for colonization like you said.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice with Diana! And I'm glad the Visitors don't look too Trandoshan. When they showed part of Alan Tudyk's realface in the beginning, I got a Bossk-vibe. Though the bulbous eyes are a bit hard to picture successfully hiding under human skin.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Or for that matter, how the human eyeballs can fit in there on top of the V's true-face. I'd say perhaps they're boneless and can squeeze themselves into very tight spaces like cephalopods...if we didn't just see the remains of a V skeleton.

Really it would have been simpler to explain if these human bodies were just synthetic or bio-engineered constructs that the "real" V's controlled remotely, or they're adapted clones from human stock that have had a V brain surgically implanted. Anything other than a lizard in a human skin would have been more plausible...but then lizard-in-a-skin is one of the iconic cornerstones of the original mini. Changing it would be like having a Lost in Space with no robot, Star Trek with doors that don't go "swooosh" or Battlestar Galactica where the Cylons are played by tall blonde glamour models...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.