Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ V 2x10 "Mother's Day" $$

Author Topic: $$ V 2x10 "Mother's Day" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...... wtf.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I was promised 3 characters were going to die, I only saw 2. Well maybe three if assume Lisa's going to get the axe eventually. Oh, and nice job U.S. Government to only just getting around to forming a defense against a potential alien menace.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the impression that Project Ares has been going on for a long time.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, my mistake then. Just when things started picking up, season finale. And worse, I hear the grim reaper may be coming soon.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Hmm, I was promised 3 characters were going to die, I only saw 2.

1) Ryan
2) Diana
3) Tyler

And yeah, WTF.

Do we have any clue if the next season is a go? If so, I'm expecting big-time rage from Erica.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should all bow our heads in thanks that our prayers that Tyler get how throat ripped out have finally been answered. I'm not usually one to bitch but that character was seriously annoying.

As for the rest of the show...eh...I don't see it lasting very long. Mind you I thought that from the start and was surprised when it got a second season. I give full credit to the actors though, they're all doing their best and with what has been some pretty poor material.

I mean really. They should give Anna a big 'ole curly tash to curl because he dialogue has clearly been written with this in mind. I mean openly and repeatedly talking with her minions about humanity's impending doom was silly enough on the ship, but a few episodes ago she did it on the ground, at a press conference about four foot away from a microphone. Imagine how embarrassing that'd be if it had been left on? Oh and don't even get me started on how it's a miracle the resistance hadn't been found out in about 10 seconds flat after Ms. FBI person kept showing her face in public, meeting with the outspoken priest bloke. Hell, it's only in the last few episodes they've even bothered with the simple precaution of wearing masks.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a ridiculous show and I doubt it'll be coming back for a third season, but I really enjoyed it. Not entirely clear whether I was enjoying it in an ironic "so bad it's good" sense, or because it was genuinely entertaining, but either way I'll miss it.

Pretty much everything you can say about the show has a "but" at the end of it. At least we got to see 'Cryler' killed before it was all over, but killing Diana when she was one of the few really interesting characters was a mistake. And Diana's death was shocking, but why did none of her bowing followers let her know that Anna and co were walking along that huge catwalk behind her? And it's great that they introduced the Men in Black and showed that not everyone believes the Vs are of peace, but if they're so slick, why did it take them this long to figure out Erica was the leader of a worldwide terrorist network that holds half its secret meetings on street corners?

Oh well, for all its faults, I'd like to see what the writers had planned (if anything) for season 3.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anything, this episode seemed to be one of shedding skin, with the revelation of Project Aires. No more dicking around in churches and nickle and dime resistance, hopefully it's shuttle-strafing/dogfighting time (I thought that was what Tyler was being groomed for). I am glad they made his exit scene sufficiently campy and "80's slasher flick"-like, to show they still know about crowdpleasing among all the family drama.

It's been a real good week for seeing old 80's icons again, nice to see Marc Singer back.
A pity Diana didn't even get to trick Erica with her "good intentions" before she got backstabbed, she had a lot of guts.
Oh and props to Morena Baccarin for her ballsy delivery ("See, THAT'S how you kill your mother!"), I'll bet she enjoys the hell out of that character.

quote:
It's great that they introduced the Men in Black but if they're so slick, why did it take them this long to figure out Erica was the leader of a worldwide terrorist network
Have you ever seen the military industrial complex? It ain't that complex. Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like you and me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.