Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 2x17 "Common Descent" $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 2x17 "Common Descent" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the outset of this episode, with the founding of Novus being 2000 years ago, who else thought that the drones were from there?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. The Novans stranded on that planet didn't recognize them, and according the wiki(a reliable source, I know) they were only there for thirty years. The drones look older than that, plus wouldn't they have recognized the species of their creators? Feel free to woop me on this one since I just started watching the show again, and I only saw the second half of this episode. It's a shame it's being cancelled, plus MGM putting any future Stargate productions on hold, so now there's no chance of a proper finale.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said at the outset of the episode, not later on when we learn more... [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Never occurred to me. Wouldn't make a lot of sense either way though. The drones are purposed to hunt down and destroy technology that is alien to them. That's not the kind of weapon you'd want to deploy in a schism type conflict because the enemy are most likely using the same technology. You'd need something more discriminating.

No, a weapon like that is more likely yo be used by a race under the treat of an overwhelming invasion or an isolationist race determined to keep everyone and everything that's not them away from their territory. Like landmines in a sense. Indeed, the fact that they're set to attack anything that's not their own says their creators didn't fully understand their enemy other than their technology being significantly different-preventing them from programming specific criteria--or they simply wanted to be left alone.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the whole naming battle....Rush-ia....

It is really annoying that this is getting good again right before it goes to SyFy Oblivion. I suppose now we'll get some more "Wrasslin'". There just isn't any decent sci-fi out there anymore and it's a shame.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps