Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 2x20 "Gauntlet" $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 2x20 "Gauntlet" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate cliffhangers. I really do.

Especially when they were supposed to only end a season and end up ending the whole series. FML.

Although, the broadcast I downloaded from Syfy only referred to it as the season finale and not the series finale... maybe there's hope?

I wish this had been more like SG-1 that had 3 series finales. If they had been given more notice to end the series on a satisfying note... hell, even a card at the end saying that Eli fixed the pod or he didn't.

I actually got really anxious and worked up while watching this, knowing that it was the last episode ever. Same feeling I get when I watch Firefly's "The Message". [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing missing from that last scene was Eli playing Picard's Riessikan flute. It was such a somber ending to such a great show, though it did leave me feeling hopeful. Who knows what might happen in three years in the real world. I would hope that if MGM ever does another SG show, they would make some reference to SGU, at least drop a hint of what might have happened to the crew of Destiny. Hell, that alone could be the springboard for yet another series. I also hope they don't render the show as being non-canon.

Fuck you Syfy, and the bullshit reality and wrestling shows you rode in on. I hope you go the way of UPN.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:

Fuck you Syfy, and the bullshit reality and wrestling shows you rode in on. I hope you go the way of UPN.

That's been my sentiments towards Syfy for some time. Any halfway intelligent show with some semblance of an actual workable premise gets canned in favor of Rasslin' or Stooges looking for Casper, International bovine excrement. Then there's always the B-movie with D-rated F/X they call "A Syfy Original" that gets thrown at us on a continual basis. What would it be like to have someone that actually knows about and LIKES Science Fiction run this retarded channel?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, I never knew of a channel that held such contempt for its viewers.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The crew of the Destiny never returned home...though they did meet up with Dr. Sam Becket."

Seriously now, as unplanned endings go, it really wasn't so bad. I mean at least it wasn't a bombastic cliffhanger like last season, right?
Sort of appropriate in a way, what with everyone going into stasis, not knowing for sure if they'll ever wake up. I'm sure the irony wasn't missed by many fans.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its too bad you cant even ask the exec's face-to-face since with money & power comes separation from the masses (or Oil Industry execs, congressmen, Wall street...) but i degress. ive never watched SG-anything but i do agree that i rarely even watch the Sci-Fi channel anymore...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes me wonder how Sanctuary has survived this long. I could never get into it. If I had to guess it's about money and SGU must have cost more to produce than these green screen and fake reality shows.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Robert Carlyle each episode cost around $2.5 million, so that's got to be way, way more than Sanctuary.

I suppose if the show did get kickstarted again, they could always have a few status pods conveniently malfunction to kill off expensive cast members.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of haven't watched the last couple of episodes yet cause I don't want it to end. SO SO SO ANNOYING!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps