Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » B-5, Season 2, Divided Loyalties

Author Topic: B-5, Season 2, Divided Loyalties
Waylynn
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the privilege of seeing all of B-5 yet again from start to end on Space Channel (in Canada) I've seen such from start to end twice now and still like this show.

Anyhow my topic of dicussion for Divided Loyalties, where Lyta returns to ferret out some Psi-Corps spy, was this episode planned or was it merely to let Andrea Thompson, the actor of Talia Winters, Commercial Telepath assigned to B-5, off the show?

It seems almost that way espeically with all the brackground and the trust they built up with Talia and the other command staff. Of course it was an intersting turn events.

As well was there more then freindship between Ivonava and Talia? They seemed a little closer then that in the episode until she was revelied as a spy.

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Thompson wanted to leave. Apparently she thought that she wasn't in enough episodes or something.

JMS apparently always had tis "trap-door" in mind, and it was convenient that Tallman was once again able to resume playing Lyta, so we got a good story, and a new way of looking at the Psi-corps (through Lyta's eyes). If only he'd done as good a job recovering with Ivonova.

Yeah, and Ivonova and Lyta were doing it. It was suppossed to have been bult up gradually, but thanks to her sudden leavig, it was rushed (a similar thing ovvurs with Londo and G'Kar's relationship in season 4. Due to the pushed up timetable, they went form hating each other - No Surrender, No Retreat - to getting on very well extrememly quickly).

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps