Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 6x04 "The Doctor's Wife" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 6x04 "The Doctor's Wife" $$
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The episode was short scenewise, but narratively it was a feast. After rewatching the first scene with the meeting between "Idris" and the Doctor, there were all sorts of hints in her/it's speech that made sense only after you'd watched the ending, very touching. First time the H-word meant so much. Also retroactively touching, that all this time he's been doted on and cared for by a 11th dimension being that took interest in him. *sniff*
Suranne Jones felt and looked like Helena Bonham-Carter in this role, only agreeable. Guffaw-haw.

Quote of the month: "Biting is excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner."

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, at least that explains why they kept up the old control room set. This episode was planned to be last year, so they must have just thought "ooh, let's not knock it down and use it". And when it got bumped back a year, they just kept it up for longer.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Albertus
Member # 1635

- posted      Profile for Albertus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TARDIS console that The Doctor and Idris knocked up from stuff laying around in the junkyard was created from a design by an 11-year-old girl who won a Blue Peter competition - nice to see the next generation of Whovians being part of the reality of the fantasy. [Smile]
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the scene where she tells the Doctor "I go Vooorrrrpppp!" I think this is my favorite Doctor Smith episode.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The H-word, Nim?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hello". She said it like it was the most important thing in the world for the Doctor to hear, for both of them, which it was. It implied so much on so many different levels. With the word "Hello" she wanted to announce her conscious existence to him (in the very beginning of the episode, but she couldn't find the word so she kissed and bit him instead), and at the same time indicate her constant awareness of him through the ages, and underscore her deep approval of him, that he'd done right by her. Narratively she assumed the role of a Lady God, a non-linear, benign and curious entity that had singled him out long ago. Enough to give the Doctor pause. And the brevity of it was the perfect, bittersweet last touch. So noir.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great post Nim. Hit the nail right on the head. It was a great episode. Only thing I would have liked was more elaborate hallways in the TARDIS. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps