Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 6x07 "When A Good Man Goes To War" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 6x07 "When A Good Man Goes To War" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wat

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very good episode.

The Last Centurion vs. the Cybermen. For me, easily the most epic Doctor Who scene in quite some time.

I think the episode lost some steam once it became obvious that most of the Doctor's "army" were either cameo characters or people that we've just flat out never seen before. I've read that they tried to get John Barrowman to guest star as Captain Jack, but that filming for the next season of Torchwood was taking place at the same time. That's a pity, since you know it would have been comedy gold to have him and Rory the Roman together.

The big reveal at the end of the episode wasn't that big of a shocker; a lot of people had been speculating that River Song was, in fact, Amy and Rory's child. What was awesome, though, was the Doctor's reaction to that revelation. It just screamed "Oh crud, I think the Ponds are my future in-laws."

It's gonna be a long wait for the next episode, especially given how awesome the title is.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about the epicness.
WHAT WAS THE DOCTOR'S MESSAGE
*fleet explodes*
Rory: *fierce stare*

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so if River is Amy's daughter, why does she not remember being captive to The Silence? Why was she surprised when the older Doctor was killed by her younger self? Was she eventually captured and this is what she was in prison for? Why would a young River kill the Doctor but the older Rivier marries him? I'm sorry but I'm not liking this whole thing.

And the bit about the baby bed; was he lying about having kids? Are they ignoring Susan calling him grandfather? Also, what about Jenny?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we don't know for sure that she was in the spacesuit when the Doctor was shot. Only that someone in a spacesuit did it, and we later see a child in a spacesuit who later demonstrates regenerative powers. Presumably, the child is going to turn out to be her, but they can always end up revealing that it was someone else who did the shooting.

And, even if she did shoot him, she was a child who didn't know him yet. So, it shouldn't really stop her from having a relationship with him. (Though, the whole not-remembering-it thing still becomes a problem, then.)

And he didn't lie about having children. He evaded the question.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
River did shoot at the 'Apollo Astronaut' but then went... 'of course'... so if it IS a younger River in the space suit then she did remember.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought everybody ignored Susan calling him Grandfather. Aren't they loomed?
Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I thought everybody ignored Susan calling him Grandfather. Aren't they loomed?

In the novels yes, on TV probably not...unless the Master's insanity also leads him to think that he had a father who he and the Doctor could run around on the estates of as children.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps