Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Torchwood: Miracle Day

Author Topic: Torchwood: Miracle Day
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone been watching this? What do you think so far? It has been on for a while.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded the first four episodes or so and only got about halfway through the first one and was completely uninterested.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it did start slow, but its picking up. Though it would be nice if they actually started answering stuff.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean they haven't figured out yet why everyone on Earth is undying except for Jack Harkness, who now doesn't heal?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

So far it has something to do with morphic fields, and a mysterious organization run by 3 families.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear that like The Children of Earth, they'll leave actually solving and wrapping things up til the last 10 minutes.

I was REALLY REALLY eager about season 4 of Torchwood, but it's been pretty crappy and awful. The fantastic production style of season 1 and 2 have just disappeared. Even the soundtrack by Murry Gold is disappointing.

Worried it's been 'tinkered' with by American producers to fit the US Market...

Watched episode 8 last night. Will watch all of it, but so far, I believe that most of the series could have been nicely put into a two or three parter. Not 10 episodes.

I do hope there is a season 5 and there's no more pandering to US audiences and they go back to the UK.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It started off being the very worst of RTD's cheesy, messy writing, with buzzwords being given prominence, then completely forgotten (remember the Soulless?), every single male background character being an old fashioned gay stereotype, cringe-worthy news reports, coooonstant references to the differences between British and American English ("PANTS MEAN TROUSERS!!"... an actual line) and the central plot point being repeated ad infinitum ("Don't forget, nobody dies now!").

But episode seven was very well written. For once the show really focused on just three characters and took the time to flesh them out, explain their motivations and make them feel like real people. It's a shame it took this long.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps