Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Earth2....errr. Terra Nova $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Earth2....errr. Terra Nova $$
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone watching this? Series premier seemed a bit lame.

[ September 29, 2011, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a small ad for it - and I too though Earth 2! Does it have obnoxious children in it?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Obnoxious Brainy Teen Angst. It seemed really RUSHED, there's already bad guy separatists, weird markings in a secluded location FOUND by the teens sneaking out to their hidden still, and "Mysterious Leader". I really hoped this might be something good, but it seems to be Land of the Lost meets Jurrasic Park meets Earth 2. Already too many cliches from a little of everything sci-fi.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on FOX, what do you expect? [Wink] Downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. Probably won't til next week...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My expectations were set low, so upon seeing the premiere, I wasn't as disappointed as you guys were. I found it loads more entertaining than Falling Skies. Though I did find polluted Future Earth more insteresting than Prehistoric Earth.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it too much to want old skool Sleestacks to show up and slaughter everyone?
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Is it too much to want old skool Sleestacks to show up and slaughter everyone?

Funny. That was my first thought when the chick showed Mr. First Day Here Whiney Teen the rocks with all the symbols on them. I even half expected there to be one named Enoch.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My expectations were set low, so upon seeing the premiere, I wasn't as disappointed as you guys were. I found it loads more entertaining than Falling Skies. Though I did find polluted Future Earth more insteresting than Prehistoric Earth.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just Fox, it's Brannon Braga too! That man needs to get into a twelve step program for overcoming addiction to time travel stories. I'm not watching it.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me there is a race in Trek fanon that colonized its past in 100 000 year blocks but can't for the life of me remember their name...

Anyways. I was interested enough by the pilot to keep watching for now. Although I wish they'd left the rock markings a mystery instead of Taylor's son doing it. Would be so much more interesting if it was another civilization somewhere on the planet.

Also, Mira's line while examining the markings suggests that this isn't an alternate timeline at all. Either the probe malfunctioned or it was purposely ignored...

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it yet but look forward to the tropical setting.

Here's what Dennis Farrell at SomethingAwful had to say:

quote:
When it comes to science fiction, I'm an eternal optimist. While the first episode had some super cheesy family drama and its pacing seemed as though a ten year old was breathlessly telling a story bridged by a hundred "AND THEN"s, I'm going to foolishly hope for the best. After all, this show has time travel, dinosaurs, visible lasers, and cool open-air architecture.

We should all hope for a combination of Jurassic Park and Lost while preparing for the unholy union of Jurassic Park III and BBC's Outcasts.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Geological fail: Unless they built Terra Nova on a delta, playa or in the path of an landslide, 10 feet of deposits is a lot longer than 9 years. [/soils engineer]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're accounting for vastly greater rainfall (which wont show up in the sries- but should, depending on the era and locale).

Also, if anyone spots a single flowering plant, I give it a giant Fail and will spit on even children purchasing the eventual DVD set.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

See, thing is, all those geomophological features are something you would look into when siting a colony such as this. Given that they don't need access to a waterway I'm sure they want to pick an area that will never flood.

--------------------

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

So far, I'm still wavering on this show. "Attack of the mini Deathwings" was just downright cheesy in my opinion. Then there's the new science guy/Rush wannabe that has the hots for the Cop-dude's wife? Starting to sound like General Hospital 30,000 B.C.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps