Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Earth2....errr. Terra Nova $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Earth2....errr. Terra Nova $$
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I re-watched "Solar Crisis" (1990) with Tim Matheson, Charlton Heston and Corin Nemec this weekend, just for the hell of it, and I have to say, the dialogue and directing of TN is stellar in comparison. Mind you, "Solar Crisis" was headed by the venerable Alan Smithee, but I want to think that TN has a set story arc playing out, and we're just seeing the first of it.

I don't have a habit of putting money down on a lame horse, I feel the lead actor pulls his weight (being more nasty and frothing against his wife's suitors than Noah Wyle could ever muster), and Lang provides that heavy, unstable Gowron-quality to it. And the jungle feels more jungly than the LOST-island.

I'm still confused, do Queensland forests actually look like that, or is the foliage CGI? The scenes at the river crossings don't look CGI'd, and they're very jurassic-looking.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.