Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 6x13 "The Wedding of River Song" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 6x13 "The Wedding of River Song" $$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where to even start with this one?

I was kind of shocked that River and the Doctor actually got married, since episodes usually throw us a curveball as far as their titles are concerned ("The Doctor's Daughter", "The Doctor's Wife", etc.)

Is Madame Kovarian dead, what with the whole time-implosion alternate universe?

This season's been sending us mixed signals as to what the main theme is supposed to be. "A Good Man Goes to War" ends with River a scathing speech about how everything that happened was the Doctor's fault; making so many enemies during his travels. Here we get an earlier version of River giving a big speech about how practically everybody in the universe is jumping at the chance to save the Doctor because of all the good he's done. Yes, I suppose the two are not mutually exclusive, since he's made both a lot of friends and a lot of enemies, but it just feels contradictory.

We get confirmation that River's been faking ignorance of a lot of things to protect the timeline.

And lastly, the disembodied blue head of Dorium sets up next season's arc: The Fall of the Eleventh shall take place at the Fields of Trenzalore, where the most dreaded question in the universe shall finally be answered...

"Doctor WHO?"

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
This season's been sending us mixed signals as to what the main theme is supposed to be. "A Good Man Goes to War" ends with River a scathing speech about how everything that happened was the Doctor's fault; making so many enemies during his travels. Here we get an earlier version of River giving a big speech about how practically everybody in the universe is jumping at the chance to save the Doctor because of all the good he's done. Yes, I suppose the two are not mutually exclusive, since he's made both a lot of friends and a lot of enemies, but it just feels contradictory.

Whether it is Moffat's intention or not, but I personally came away from that scene thinking that it was The Doctor himself from various different points in his own timestream who had come to help. Certainly the one man you could rely on to come help in a situation like that is The Doctor, and it could have opened up some nice possibilities for a multi-Doctor story. Certainly would have been better than the ending we got, which was somewhat of an anti-climax in my opinion.

It is interesting we're back to this whole "Who is the Doctor" plot again. I do wonder if it's going to be a straight revival of the Cartmel Masterplan, or if Moffat's got something else in mind.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is Madame Kovarian dead, what with the whole time-implosion alternate universe?
They may play it as such but there's no foundation to believe that. None of the other individuals died in the implosion. Everyone went back to their places in time. Churchill, Amy, Rory, etc...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps