Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Starship Troopers: Invasion (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starship Troopers: Invasion
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, silent, passive and understatedly implied approval is the most powerful tool of any dictatorship. In the beginning, Nazi-Germany didn't force towns and city states to mercy-kill their invalids, intellectually-retarded and disfigured persons, they merely stayed comfortably silent as the first cases passed by and more followed. Same with lynching of homosexuals in Africa.

I love Verhoeven's random, overacting characters, though. The cackling lady is both scary and hilarious to me, and I would easily vote for this man to join the Supreme Court, if possible. No, Whip in the House of Lords.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always did like the ending when Robocop shoots the executive after he's been fired, and the head of Omnicorp says, "Nice shooting son, what's your name?"

"Murphy."

And the credits roll [Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps