Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sliders ($$$)

Author Topic: Sliders ($$$)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the last ep of Sliders, immediately after the pilot. I have two questions. One: why was there a cliffhanger as the series finale? Did they not know the show was being canceled when they filmed it? Two: can anyone give me a list of the major changes in the plotline? Things like new sliders showing up, the thing with two Quinns, stuff like that. Thanks.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://washington.xtn.net/~lucast/sliders

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 05, 2000).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was pretty disappointed in the ending too. They don't even get home, Remy just jumps into that weak vortex and we never get to know what happened to him.

I think it might of been filmed as a season finale but when it was cancelled it became the series finale.

------------------
"...and if frogs could fly; well we'd still have this problem, but wouldn't it be cool?" - Drew Carey
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that Sliders was canceled at least twice before. But then they resumed the series again. I don't think that will happen this time... Just when you want it to the most.

It reminds me of Quantum Leap. That series has also got an 'open ending'.

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah bt quantum leap was a lot better than sliders.
Sliders never really appealed to me.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really torqued. What an absolute crap ending. I hope they plan on bringing it back.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quantum Leap...

ok It ended with the sense taht the show was over... but it left it open in case they wanted to to TV movies, or hit the big screen.

Sliders...

sliders ended with a hickup

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"
-Five

"Every lie is another brick in the path to hell"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps