Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 2012 Christmas Special "The Snowmen" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 2012 Christmas Special "The Snowmen" $$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say, I think this is one of my more favorite Christmas specials.

Completely new intro now. Seems a bit of a throwback to the classic series' intros, especially with Matt Smith's face appearing for a moment in a nebula. Gotta say, I like it.

At this point, I feel like Vastra, Jenny, and Strax need their own spinoff, because they are just that awesome. And having Strax as the comic relief for most of the episode, I was floored when Vastra gave the funniest line of the episode towards the end: "Hello. I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."

I continue to enjoy Jenna-Louise Coleman; I think she'll make a fine companion. Her character(s) seem to operate under The Legend of Zelda reincarnation rules, although we've seen that kind of thing before with Gwyneth/Gwen, and it didn't seem that big a deal then.

EDIT: On a mostly-unrelated note, as someone who hasn't seen much of the classic series, I was thrilled to get "Genesis of the Daleks" on DVD for Christmas. Already watched it, it really is that good. [Smile]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so, here's what I don't get. At the end, the Doctor figured out who Clara is by seeing her full name on her headstone. Prior to that, he only knew her as "Clara", and the family she was governessing for thought her name was "Miss Montague". So, who was it that knew her real name and told the headstone carver? It's not as though she would have been carrying around a driver's license in 1892.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Okay, so, here's what I don't get. At the end, the Doctor figured out who Clara is by seeing her full name on her headstone. Prior to that, he only knew her as "Clara", and the family she was governessing for thought her name was "Miss Montague". So, who was it that knew her real name and told the headstone carver? It's not as though she would have been carrying around a driver's license in 1892.

From what I gathered, the people in town knew her by her true identity, where she had been working at the bar. (I think she mentioned she was only working at the bar during her "vacation" as a favor to her former employer.) Although, that just begs another question: The mansion didn't seem to be far from town, so how long was she really expecting to keep up that double identity?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're talking about a woman who has died at least twice. Wouldn't find it too much of a stretch to think she's sorted her own headstone out to give The Doctor a hint as to what's going on. [Razz]

Personally wondering if she's another fixed point in time, as with Captain Jack, hence the multiple deaths. Is anyone actually buried in that grave, or is it an empty coffin with a headstone?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps