Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 7x07 "The Rings of Akhaten" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 7x07 "The Rings of Akhaten" $$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another good episode. (It occurs to me I keep starting these posts the same way. On the one hand, I don't feel as though we've had a bad episode in a while. On the other hand, I don't feel as though we've had a great episode in a while either.)

Probably the closest to a direct mention of Susan yet in the new show, what with the Doctor mentioning he's been there before with his granddaughter. Unless the Doctor's got more than one granddaughter...

After half a season, we finally get back to the whole "The Doctor knows stuff that should never ever ever be revealed" plotline. About time.

Also, I wonder if I'm reading too much into the Doctor's speech while facing the star-god-parasite-thingy. Does "moment by moment" when mentioning the end of the Time War refer to The Moment? And did we get a reference to a vague reference to Omega in there?

EDIT: Oh, and Clara not able to open the TARDIS and saying that she thinks the TARDIS doesn't like her? Was I think only one yelling at Clara, "It's just locked, you idiot!"?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the planet/star/creature thing (with a face, for some reason) absorbed all of the Doctor's memories, leaving him... a little worn out, but basically fine? Why exactly was this thing a danger to anyone in the first place? Especially since it was destroyed by the simple fact that Clara misses her dead mother. Seems, like, if it had started absorbing memories from the "planets" around it, it would have found at least one person who was similarly upset about a dead loved one.

It was almost as bad as that time they literally defused a bomb with robot love.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.