Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 7x10 "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 7x10 "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" $$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I didn't start a thread for "Hide" last week; was out visiting family and didn't get to see a rerun until the other day.

I know I was rather snarky when talking about Clara's comment in "The Rings of Ahkaten" that the TARDIS didn't like her when she didn't have a key, but we've seen in the last two episodes that the TARDIS really doesn't like Clara. The question is... why? Surely not jealousy. Otherwise, I'd have thought that Rose, Martha, and Amy (early on) would have had issues.

Also, Clara really seems to have no idea what the deal is with her dopplegangers. Despite all the evidence that Clara is "normal", I'm guessing the TARDIS has some idea and that's the reason why it doesn't like her.

We catch a glimpse of several rooms only mentioned before, like the swimming pool.

Also, the Eye of Harmony itself. And not the opening/aperture seen in the TV movie... the actual collapsing star itself. Whoa.

The Doctor's name is written in a book entitled "The History of the Time War", kept in the TARDIS' library.

Up until there were multiple magma zombies, I was convinced that it was Susan, somehow or other. Then I was convinced it was perhaps a few Time Lord "survivors". I was let down with their actual identities.

All in all, I liked the episode, although I wasn't too keen on hitting the reset button. (Literally.)

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Similar reactions. That library and observatory were nice. Would have been nice to see some earlier sets that they could pass through - like the white version with the roundals...

Interesting about why the TARDIS doesn't like her... The TARDIS didn't like Captain Jack either... and tried to escape from him to the ends of time. Wasn't it because he was something that shouldn't be?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Similar reactions. That library and observatory were nice. Would have been nice to see some earlier sets that they could pass through - like the white version with the roundals...

Interesting about why the TARDIS doesn't like her... The TARDIS didn't like Captain Jack either... and tried to escape from him to the ends of time. Wasn't it because he was something that shouldn't be?

Yeah, I was hoping for some old-school rooms or corridors too, since we know the TARDIS has them all archived.

And I completely forgot about Captain Jack. Yeah, both the TARDIS and the Doctor sensed the wrongness of him. I think the Doctor described him as a living fixed moment in time?

I wonder... Captain Jack keeps dying and coming back. Clara keeps dying and coming back. Maybe there's a connection?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear god, the fanwank in this episode! I made a noise both at the audio clip of the ninth Doctor Ninth!) and the umbrella, although that's probably because I've watched Rememberence of the Daleks recently.

Dear god though, the brothers were awful. Awful.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps