Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who 7x11 "The Crimson Horror" $$

Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who 7x11 "The Crimson Horror" $$
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I have said this already in the thread for "The Snowmen", but I need to say it again: I would totally watch a spin-off with Vastra, Jenny, and Strax.

Thomas Thomas? Really? Really? There are not enough headdesks nor facepalms in all of time and space for that one.

And Clara's time-travelling has been discovered by the kids she's been watching. Should be interesting.

All-in-all, I have to say this is my favorite episode in quite some time. Definitely a more comedic episode, but one that worked out really well.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really pleased with the Doctor saying "brave heart, Clara" immediately after the implied references to Tegan, but then they squandered all my good will with Satnav Boy.

Still not a bad episode, though. Was it just me, or did it seem unusual for an ostensibly "children's" program to have a villain (particularly a human one) just get thrown off a high place and die like that?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can think of Prof. Lazarus and Miss Foster as falling to their deaths, although Lazarus was no longer quite human and Miss Foster only looked human.

Oh, and while I wasn't sure about it last night, this episode does indeed sport one of the most delightful (and random) cameos of all time: Galvatron. Yes, Galvatron. The toy that Clara briefly plays with after arriving back home is the original Generation 1 Galvatron toy.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a Galvatron then? I did wonder when she picked it up but I just couldn't remember!

This was deffinatley a good, fun number from Gatis, a writer who only likes the show, but knows the fans well enough to have a good laugh with them.

Some of his other efforts have been a bit off the mark (the nuDaleks one springs to mind) but I liked this. So far the second half of the season has been a bit mixed, but this was pretty good. Strax made it for me, The Vastra and Jenny thing was good and the Thomas Thomas was so bad that words defy me. Not meta, not funny.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.