Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Iain Banks sci-fi books

Author Topic: Iain Banks sci-fi books
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started reading Iain M. Banks' sci-fi books recently. The first two are excellent, I'm on "Inversions" now and it's painfully boring so far(half way). What are your opinions?

------------------
Try not.
Do.
Or Do not.
There is no try.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually got around to reading any of the Culture novels, though everyone tells me that I should.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gurgeh, you nerd!

How can you read that shite, and still have the intelligence to type in a post!

Think of the publicity!

And besides, you couldn't hide from me forever.
Sooner or later, I knew you would falter, would weaken, would allow yourself to be taken in by these heathens and madmen.

And in the name of Christ, never bring up the length of DS9's U.S.S. Defiant, lest a smiting overwhelm thee most horribly.

JD.
I'm sure you knew.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha JD, there you are, or should I call you "Gaseous Anomaly", Jees!! And you call me a nerd!!

I'll have you know that Mr. Banks produces quality science fiction, not that I expect a cretinous philistine like yourself to understand.

'Til we meet again.....

Gurgeh.

------------------
Try not.
Do.
Or Do not.
There is no try.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

PS how do I get rid of that " New Member " tag sticking out like a sore thumb under my username??

------------------
Try not.
Do.
Or Do not.
There is no try.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you have 10 or more posts I believe...

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps