Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Futurama (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Futurama
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what did everyone think of FOX's new animated show?

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo-HOO!

I'd give it three thumbs up if I had more than two thumbs!

Ooooooooo! Donuts!

[Brain scan shows test pattern.]

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

[This message was edited by Baloo on March 29, 1999.]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Baloo
I also liked it.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it. Of course, I wasn't expecting to hear Peggy Bundy in it.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was...funny. Not Simpsons funny, but funny.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed it. In particular, I thought Bender was hysterical. That scene in the suicide booth managed to get a good laugh out of me -- not an easy thing to do.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"The first step to a successful revolution
is destroying all competing revolutionaries."

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show was...interesting. I'll wait for further episodes before evaluating it.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost it when bender "dropped" a brick.

------------------
Parallax

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*kicks Sol*
I loved it! It was better than the Simpsons! The head museum was my favorite . Hey, as long as it makes references to Star Trek, it's cool.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, right, I forgot the talking heads...especially the fish food...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely, you mean the Hall of Heads.

"Roll out that special head. This is our favorite one. Please don't try to leave. Don't leave the Hall of Heads."

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Jordan
Ex-Member

I know, I know...this will probably incur some wrath from some of you all, but I was kinda dissapointed in it. I will definetly watch it again though.

------------------
Goodnight my love...the brightest star in my sky...

Goodnight...you have been my sky, my sun and my moon...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have to agree. But I think it was just because it was the first ep. It definitely has the potential; I'm sure it will get better. It was still funny.

*points at Ziyal* Kill the heretic! How dare you say it was funnier than The Simpsons?! That's blasphemy! Well, not blasphemy by any literal definition, but close enough!

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the main reason I liked it, was because it's, visually, pretty much like the Simpson's.
If it was any other style, I probably wouldn't have even watched it

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I only watched part of it, so I won't pass judgement until I see a few more episodes. But I wouldn't say that it was funnier than the Simpsons (well, the part of it I did watch that is), in my experience nothing is funnier than the Simpsons (except possibly a couple of Canadian comedy shows like Air Farce and Double Exposure, but I may be a little biased here ) simply because the Simpsons has such a variety of episodes, and they poke fun at just about everything. I'm curious to see where they take Futurama storywise in the next episodes.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps