Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Futurama (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Futurama
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*coughs* Double Exposure?! You find THAT show funny?

I swear, that is one of the few satire shows that I can sit through without even cracking a smile. All the jokes fall flat on their face, and the guy, whatshisname, is the only one who can do good impersonations...

Anyways, back to Futurama, I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as the Simpsons. However, it WAS only the premier and the show is still short a few main characters (which are coming next ep, I think), so I haven't judged it yet. Besides, even if it did stink, I'd watch it anyways just because it's Simpson-esque. =]

As for the style and quality of it, the characters are now flesh coloured, still have 4 digits on their hands and the show includes some CGI-cartoonish effects. Overall, an improvement from the Simpsons.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, being flesh-coloured rather than yellow is hardly an improvement. It's a difference, but not an improvement.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True...

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did Lisa read from that book, that it would take for them to grow a fifth digit?

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*strays*

Double Exposure... is.. um.... strange. Cullen does good voices but can't do stand up worth *(^&. Robertson's a bit better at the stand up. Giving those two bastards chairs would really help the show, IMHO. It was amazing as a radio show, though.

Now Air Farce, there's a show, or rather, there WAS a show-- lately the quality has dropped IMHO. The 98 Swift Kick in the Year End was mediocre, but the 97 and 96 were spectacular (especially with Jean Charest). You still can't beat the simple pleasures of "I'm Mike..... from Canmore. I have a dog. His name is Norm....". The Chicken Cannon, Jock McBile, and Gilbert Smyth-Biteme haven't been on so much lately, either. I love that word REFOOOOOOOOOOOORM has improved with the addition of Debrah Grey though.

*really hopes he's confusing the non-Canadians*

Can't forget This Hour has Twenty-Two minutes, either, though there's a lot more dirty humor in it than the two former shows. IMHO the cast is a bit weaker than AF's and so are the recurring skits, but you simply have to love Marge, Princess Warrior.

*unstrays*

Futurama was OK. As Tim said, not as good as the Simpsons. I hope everyone caught the injoke with Matt Groening's head in the hall of heads. One complaint is how irritating Fry's voice can be, though I lay a bet that the show will become much less Fry-centred in the coming years the same way The Simpsons pulled away from Bart and towards Homer as the central star in about the second season. Bender is a riot, he's the show-stealer. The Suicide booth was hilarious, as was the hall of heads. I hope we see Nimoy back again.

------------------
"......"
             -The Breen at Internment Camp 371

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that Peter Cullen?

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.. Linda Cullen.. . and Bob Robertson... Authentic Can-eh-jins.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama iz da bomb ass cartoon.
The only cartoon reprentin' minorities with the intern and supply manager. Aliens are also represented with the lobster guy. And the Robot be drinkin' all time!

Why can't Star Trek have their characters have a diverse background like in futurama

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could make Data addicted to Tavist D, would that help?

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else annoyed that Fox moved Futurama to the Teusday night timeslot? I finally got around to watching a couple of episodes, and really liked them (especially tonights robot planet one), but IMHO Fox ruined an otherwise perfect two hours of television by moving Futurama to Teusdays. I'm usually busy during the weeknights (although I make time for trek ), so I end up missing a lot of episodes.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. Matt Groening, for instance.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

Simon
Ex-Member

For me Futurama conflicts with DS9, so unfortunetly I will probably never see it again.

As to Canadian political satire, Double Exposure was the pinnacle of radio comedy, and the televsion show can't compare. I never liked the Air Farce much, they have about four jokes that they repeat constantly and do little that's new.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I feel obliged to also mention the Red-Green show, sometimes it can be pretty damn funny.

Nice to see that Futurama makes all kinds of little jokes like Simpsons does, I really noticed that for the scenes on the robot planet (judging........ )

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hopes the show doesnt bomb and get cancelled*

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I hear someone mention Red Green? That's a great show! One of the few PBS shows that isn't boring enough to put you to... Zzz... Zzz... Zzz... I'm awake! What was I saying? Oh yeah...

Anyway, I believe Futurama is doing excellently in the ratings. It's a hilarious show.

"I will digest you with my mighty organs!"

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps