Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ah, the good ol' days... (Sliders $$$)

Author Topic: Ah, the good ol' days... (Sliders $$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sci-Fi Channel is now showing old Sliders reruns Monday through Thursday. The show sure has changed a lot. To be perfectly frank (no pun intended towards a fellow fan), I'm not looking forward to next season with Jerry O'Connell leaving. Poor Rembrandt...

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch it during the first couple of seasons when it was on one of the public channels (I have no cable). I liked it a lot, but then they changed characters. The first to go was the professor guy (aka Leonardo Da Vinci on VOY), his name is John-something... And I think in the third season they started having episodes reminiscent of the X-Files (I don't watch it for a reason). So I haven't seen it since then. But the first and second season had really good episodes.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the first few seasons. The stuff on the Sci-Fi channel is usual Sci-Fi channel trash. Well, not that bad, but still...

The professor was Arturo, played by John Rhys-Davies.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Rembrandt the only original left? I haven't seen it since it went to Sci-Fi Channel. I thought it was cancelled after that ep where they killed that guy that had to inject other people's brain stems into his own, and two of them (Rembrandt and Wade (wasn't that her name?), I think) used his thing to go back to their Earth, while Jerry O'Connell (I forget his charcter's name) and what's-her-face (from the same Earth as brain-stem-man) used the original thingy (what was it called again?) to go somplace else. Then I found out they were still making new ones, but they were only on Sci-Fi, and I don't have cable. That's one of the two reasons I hate Sci-Fi. The other is that they bought out TOS, so I don't get to see that anymore, either...

BTW, can you tell I haven't seen Sliders in a while, due to my amazing recollection of names and such? *LOL*

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-Terry Gilliam, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps