Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Matrix (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Matrix
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as a birthday treat two of my friends took me to go see The Matrix. I liked it. The Matrix was a pretty cool movie. It's a movie I'll probably go see a second time in the theaters.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the matrix the other night - WOW!

very cool, just a few things...

I love the music too, I really like it in the preview... even more... you know when you see it...

I love Trinity *gaaaaaa*

I love the whole running up walls etc, like Trinity at the start...

anyone think that after Neo was being taken out of his pod he looked like the borg queen

GREAT MOVIE!

and yeah, I see what you mean about it and dark city, and have nothing really to add on the topic - just to say I wish we could see the actual real version of Dark City that Alex Proyas wanted - instead of the movie that got put out cause the PTB in the US - didn't think the public would get it...

everyone thats reading this also don't forget go see Cube - some how more 'satisfying? than both The Matrix and Dark City' - I think I might see Cube again.

------------------
Bart: Nothing you say can hurt us.
Lisa: We're the MTV generation, we feel nither highs nor lows
Homer: REALLY!?! whats it like?
Lisa: ehh...

[This message was edited by AndrewR on April 10, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed Cube, but it lacked some of the imagination present in Dark City and The Matrix. Part of that is due to the setting, of course. It's a different sort of movie, with different goals.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, a few further comments from me! I liked the visual effects. I thought they were done quite well. Neo did somewhat resemble the Borg Queen when he emerged from that pod. Especially since he had a big conduit sticking out the back of his head. And the music during the final battle scene between Neo and Agent Smith was excellent.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is going to go on the video shelf for sure! Did this movie beat the record for number of gunshots fired?

As much as I enjoyed it there is only one scene I would have changed. I would have replaced the "Love-brings-back-the-dead" scene with "CPR-brings-back-the-dead" scene. As soon as I saw the scene I knew what was going to happen and cringed inside thinking, "If they were in the Matrix, this would be more acceptable." People do perform CPR out of love and the percomance of CPR while the Sentienals attack would have enhanced the you-really-need-to-hurry-up-and-do-it suspence feeling.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Break the record for number of gunshots fired? Yep, most definitely. And I know we're all thinking about the same scene that did it, aren't we?

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps