Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Transformers comic #61

Author Topic: Transformers comic #61
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brought to you by Simon Furman's wonderful writing and Geoff Senior's amazing artwork...

Transformers Issue #61 (US)

Mid-December, 1989

See the Autobot Micromaster Rescue Patrol, the Autobot Classic Pretenders, and the Decepticon Mega Pretenders.

See Emirate Xaaron and Iacon.

See Primus's eternal battle with Unicron.

See Bludgeon's eternal battle with German vehicles.

See Grimlock question a god, smash a Mega Pretender, and get shot in the back, in that order.

(BTW, in case you're confused, the Pretenders are regular Transformers with humanoid shells. There's just the six Pretenders and the four Micromasters.)

As we begin our story, the above characters have been teleported to the center of Cybertron by accident...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

[This message was edited by The Shadow on April 14, 1999.]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno how big the fan-base for TF's is here? I love it, but I've read that issue, consarnit. And so has Krenim, since I gave him the URL. Sorry Frank.

Frank is right though. About everything. Especially Mindwipe's injury.

Xaaron can't transform. He's to old. Ironhide? Pah, young whippersnapper. Kup? eh, I remember when he wet himself.
Now, what did he used to transform into? (since the majority of alt.toy.transformers don't know, I'm not real hopeful on an answer)

And he's especially right about Hot Rod and Primus. I hereby present proof! Hot Rod and Primus hanging about, havning fun with their most favourite people in the universe.

Bonus points for guessing who is who. Without looking at the captions.

I am now off to copy Hot Rod, and grow a big white beard in the style of my creator. Father Christmas.

SEE? Do you SEE?

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on April 14, 1999.]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, no, I don't see.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it is right before your eyes young man.

Hot Rod is Prime. No wait. He is Prime. In the future. But he is also Primus. In a way. Or something.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He means, he can't see the image.

------------------
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

He lies! It is there!

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

He lies! It is there!

------------------
-Dinobot

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

So, was this Unicron's first US appearence?

And why does Starscream have a different coloured face on the two pages he's on?

------------------
-Dinobot

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Yes and I don't know. They used the same coloring guy for each US issue, and he usually did a good job...

------------------
Ultra Magnus: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...okay, give me the bomb."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone care to do a similar display of the climactic issue that resolved this plot?
I think it was #70.

I never saw that one.

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Unfortunatly, getting Transformers by this time became hard, so I haven't got it.

I'm sure Frank could do this weekly...I'd do it too, if anyone is curious to see Galvatron destroy the combined might of the Autobot Wreckars and the Decepticon Mayhem attack squad.

And if someone's got target: 2006, PLEASE could you do it?

------------------
-Dinobot

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.