Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Several Transformer 'Prime' questions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Several Transformer 'Prime' questions
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1: Before Rodimus Prime became Prime he was Hot Rod, right?
2: If yes, what was the previous name (and shape) of Optimus Prime?
3: Was Alpha-trion (sp?) a Prime?? (His previous 'name' was A-3 I believe??)
4: Can Alpha-trion transform?? If yes, what does he change to??

------------------
"What you leave behind is not as important as how you've lived."

- Jean Luc Picard, 'Star Trek: Generations'

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Yes.
2. Orion Pax. He was a Decepticon wanna-be, but they tricked him and blew him up. Alpha Trion rebuilt him as Optimus Prime.
3. No.
4. Don't know.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a theory that Alpha Trion was the previous highest ranking Autobot. There's a Fanfic (Let me stress FAN FICTION STORY) that has Hot Rod becoming Rodimus while Optimus was still alive. When he opened the Matrix up while fighting Galvatron it was A-3's vioce that said, "awaken Rodimus Prime."

While there is canonical evidence A-3 was Autobot leader, that means he made Prime up. This means all the hoopla about who is Prime is something made up. Either this, or Optimus was Autobot leader for so long that the name Prime became an icon. Kinda like 'Jordan' today. I thing the US comic nailed this down when they had Grimlock and Fort Max as leader of the Autobots.

So really as much as we'd like to believe that their were 20 or so Primes and that there is still one on Cybertron now during the Beast Wars; it is most likely their has just been two!

And as far as I can remember it looked like Orion Pax transformed into a truck resembling Kup. Optimus mostly likely transformed into a tank of some sort, based on the US comic.
------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

[This message was edited by bryce on April 16, 1999.]

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to comment on something else too and try to stay within the TV show timeline.

1. What was going on on Cybertron during the time all the best Autobots and Decepticons were deactivated on Earth?

As far as we know Prime left Aleeta and a few of her g-friends back at Iacon and Megatron just left Shockwave in charge. Who was left; was there any fighting?

2. Ya know, the fact that Optimus had a girlfriend (Aleeta) kinda changes the way you think about him and the rest of the Autobots. Esp. in the pilot where the Autobots were wussin' out on us!

Aleeta and Prime were together before Megatron attacked them at that dock. Back when he as Orion and I can't remember what her name was.

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Btw, it is assumed either Prime got the Matrix from A-3 while he was being repaired or at some other undocumented time. It's weird that Prime had the Matrix in him for 4 million years on Earth and as important as it was no one ever made an effort to look for it!

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The matrix doesn't make you 'prime'. Optimus didn't have the matrix within him at several points in the show, (like Return of Optimus Prime) and yet never changed. He was rebuilt physically from Orion pax to Optimus Prime.
Hot Rod is a special case. He was 'the chosen one', and the matrix sorta knew this. That's why it didn't open for Ultra Magnus. When Hot Rod touched the matrix in Unicron, it forced him to grow, physically and mentally, into Rodimus Prime, to defeat Unicron.
The matrix was just a computer program in the comics originally, capable of creating new TF's. When Simon Furman, the UK writer took over, he combined the US creation matrix (which creates new TF life) with the Matrix of Leadership, added in a splash of the essense of Primus, and there you have it. When the matrix is used against Unicron in the comic, it is lost.

BTW Bryce, you said Hot Rod became Prime while Optimus was still alive. How if he was fighting Galvatron, who was created after Prime's death?

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, the cartoon also had a Sentinal Prime, during the second great war...

The comic list, as Frank would love to say, but has been beaten to, is...

Primus (God)
Prima (First TF with matrix presumably)
Prime Nova
Sentinel Prime
Optimus Prime
(Rodimus Prime in UK-comic alternative future)

------------------
-Dinobot

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on April 19, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alpha Trion/A-3 was around before the Autobots/Decepticons could transform (with the exception of one character, whom I call "Fred" for various esoteric reasons). So, he presumably cannot.

As far as we can tell, Hot Rod was the only one modified by the Matrix. It probably said, "Hey, this guy is a wimp" and gave him an upgrade. In "Five Faces of Darkness" we see a Rodimus Prime-like leader anyway, so the Matrix might have used his specifications.

Actually, it was OP's (Orion Pax, not Optimus Prime...hey, wait a minute...) friend Dion who transformed into a truck that looked like Kup. In fact, his robot form looked like Kup, too. And A-3 did rebuild him...hey, wait another minute...

The war probably continued those 4 million years, although the ABs were losing.

I suspect OP (the Optimus one) left the Matrix on Cybertron when he went off in the Ark. The thing we saw in "Optimal Situation" was just his spark.

BTW, Liam misspelled Sentinel Prime and Prime Nova. Ha!

Sentinel Prime appeared in issue 150 of the UK comic. Now, if only Goffy would get around to making that scan...no rush, of course...

Prima might have appeared in issue 61 of the US comic, which happens to be posted in a nearby thread...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...okay, give me the bomb."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Oh... when Prime returned from his death in the cartoon did he have his old body or the powermaster body?

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Old body. Which had mysteriously been repaired since going grey (in the movie) and loosing an arm (in Dark Awakening). The video box cover had PM Op Prime though...
He came back before the PM's were introduced. They never appeared in the US cartoon anyway.

*still cringes at the Bob Budiansky line when Optimus came back: It can, it is, Optimus Prime is BACK! said by Optimus Prime*

How the hell did he fit his personality on a 720k floppy dis anyway (or 880k if it was an Amiga disk... )

------------------
-Dinobot

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...with WinZip, Unicron Edition, of course....

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Naa, it would have been the Matrix edition. The Unicron edition was the Mac version...

And was also used on Megatron's brain when he was turned into Galvatron. Being a Mac explains why Galvatron turned out the way he did...

------------------
-Dinobot

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Is there anything with all the Decepticon leaders ending in 'tron' too, or is that just a conscidense? (sp.)

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously intentional. What movie portrays the evil that is technology better than Tron?

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No, Tron is just evil. In and of itsrlf. Anyone who watche sit deserves a mercy execution.

And they don't all end in Tron.

The almost complete list of Decepticon leaders...

Present time...

Megatron
Shockwave
Lord Straxus (cybertron leader)
Scorponok
Ratbat (yes. Ratbat. One of Soundwave's tapes. Don't laugh, it was an American comic writers idea...)
Thunderwing (big Mega Pretender bloke)
Lord Jiaxus (I think, not sure on this one)

And future timeline from 2005 onwards...
Megatron
Galvatron
Shockwave
Soundwave (yay!)

------------------
-Dinobot

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps