Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Several Transformer 'Prime' questions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Several Transformer 'Prime' questions
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Tron is just evil. In and of itsrlf. Anyone who watche sit deserves a mercy execution.

And they don't all end in Tron.

The almost complete list of Decepticon leaders...

Present time...

Megatron
Shockwave
Lord Straxus (cybertron leader)
Scorponok
Ratbat (yes. Ratbat. One of Soundwave's tapes. Don't laugh, it was an American comic writers idea...)
Thunderwing (big Mega Pretender bloke)

Generation 2:

Tank Megatron
Lord Jiaxus (I think, not sure on this one)

And future timeline from 2005 onwards...
Megatron
Galvatron
Shockwave
Soundwave (yay!)

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot Bludgeon. And didn't Death's Head make Cyclonus and Scourge leaders in the future timeline?

BTW, the correct spelling is Jhiaxus. Anyone who guesses where that name comes from gets a prize.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...okay, give me the bomb."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, so I can't say. It has got something to do with the G2 comic only running for 12 issues.

Yeah, Cyc & Scourge were future leaders for a while. A short while.

------------------
-Dinobot

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, when I think of the TFs I just use the cartoons as my sources. To me the comics kinda went into a non-canonical direction after #24 (US). Everything after that makes no sense with the cartoons. They contradict each other.

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's correct. The comics and cartoon follow their own separate chronologies. They're both canon by themselves.

------------------
Ultra Magnus: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...okay, give me the bomb."

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's a stupid question but.....
what does "canon" mean?

------------------
"Execute"
Captain Styles
USS Excelsior (ST III)
Hey I'm sick of "Engage"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just a fancy term for something that officially happened. Take Star Trek for example. Canon is the TV Shows and the movies (some people exclude V and VI). Non-canon is all the books out.

Same thing with Transformers, except each medium has its own canon/non-canon stuff. Things in the cartoon didn't necessarily happen in the comics, although there are some parallels.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, m'man, you know two sources that oppose each other can't both be canon!

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Yes they are. The cartoon and comic have nothing to do with each other, except they use similar characters.

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

But Frank; the cartoon was strickly watched over by Hasbro. They left the comics go off on their own.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Not really, but what's your point?

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

IT's just the cartoons were the more watched over thing; they were what Hasbro really wanted!

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I doubt it, and why would it matter?

------------------
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And the comics (the Simon Furman-written comics) were SOOO much cooler anyway. People died, people were reborn, Wheelie only ever appeared in ONE story ever, Ultra Magnus wasn't a big suck looser, Rodimus Prime didn't spend all his time going 'I'm crap, I'm crap, I'm not as good as Optimus' and when Galvatron went insane, rather than just ineffectually beating up his own troops, he tried to exterminate the entire Transformer race, and came pretty close to succeeding.

So Nyah.

------------------
-Dinobot

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be said though, that Rodimus Prime wasn't a patch on Optimus. Maybe if he'd been taller, or had a cool block over his mouth that wiggled hyptonically when he talked....

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps