Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Several Transformer 'Prime' questions (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Several Transformer 'Prime' questions
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I cas see Rodders listening to Quinten Tarantino films, memerising the dialogue.

And he had a cool yellow spoler thing.

And in the comics he defeated Unicron at least twice. Optimus only managed to destroy Unicron once. Pah.

And at least he shot Decepticons occasionally.

And he did all despite despite being lumbered with Judd Nelson as a voice.

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends if were talking about TV or comics. As I recall, the comic Roddy spent most of his time wailing about how the Matrix was corrupted, and how everything seemend hopeless.

I also recall him getting beaten up by just about everyone he ever got in a fight with, and "Time Wars" rather showed that of the two only Oppy could go toe to toe with Galvatron at his most upset.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ya gotta remember Rodimus was nothing more than a bigger, stronger Hot Rod. He was quite young and inexperienced. Optimus is probably ancient, better skilled and wiser. Rodimus didn't have a clue what to do most of the time. He did remember to yell "Autobots Roll Out" most of the time though

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the most auspicious of battle cries...

"They're coming straight at us!"
"There's Thaaaahsands of 'em!"
"What do we do sir?"
Roddy:
"Er...Autobots, Roll out!"

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, but Galvatron had already boosted his strength several issues earlier.

And lets assume that Rodders and Op are the same strength. Megs was Ops strength (slightly weaker actually) but Galvatron is stronger.

But...Galvy didn't fight normal Optimus. He fought POWERMASTER Optimus (now with free packet of Jif bathroom cleaner)!

And Roddy has two advantages over Op. He can eat stuff. And he can take Spike and Family out for road trips in true luxury. And then drop them off the cliff.

------------------
-Dinobot

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice advantage Rodimus has there.

btw, I remember an ep. where Op fired the canon from his trailer, well, the trailer was destroyed. Prime didn't even flinch and then ran right into the battle itself. ?

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I'm sure he was just bottling it up. The moment he got back to the ark, he broke-down, and started talking of lost love, and how someone so young can have their life cut short.
And Wheeljack quielty built him another trailer, then brainwashed him into forgetting the destruction of the other one, so that once again. he could become the brave, valient, heroic, prattling moraliser that everyone loved and respected, and maybe got just the teensiest bit bored with.

------------------
-Dinobot

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Nice explanation Liam!

But, how can ya get bored with him? He's like Cyclops or Captain America. (whoops forget Cap!)

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps