Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Beast Wars in the UK

Author Topic: Beast Wars in the UK
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, apparently it's only showing on Bank Holidays. Over Eater they showed Other Visits (last ep of season 1) and Aftermath and Coming of Fuzors p1 (first of s2)

Now I've heard it was on GMTV today (Sunday) Can ANYONE help me with this, or do I have to kill Eammon Holmes?

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an ep guide I found, but it's already wrong with what eps were shown on the 2nd and 5th April.

02. Apr-99 Aftermath
02. Apr-99 Coming of the Fuzors Part 1
05. Apr-99 Coming of the Fuzors Part 2
05. Apr-99 Tangled Web
03. May-99 Maximal, No More
31. May-99 Other Visits Part 1
30. Aug-99 Other Visits Part 2
18. Oct-99 Bad Spark
19. Oct-99 Code of Hero
20. Oct-99 Transmutate
21. Oct-99 The Agenda Part 1
22. Oct-99 The Agenda Part 2
26. Dec-99 The Agenda Part 3
01. Jan-00 Optimal Situation (The Agenda Part 4)

Got it from here...

• Transmasters UK

------------------
    -Dinobot

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on April 18, 1999.]

• Montgomery
    Reigning Supreme
    Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    So in addition to getting up early to see this cartoon, I'd have to be prepared to wait two months between episodes of "The Agenda"?!

I've only seen snatches of Beast Wars to be honest. I'd be willing to sit in front of more, but if they're gonna jerk me around like this I might not bother.

------------------
    "I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
    - Vic Reeves

PsyLiam
    Hungry for you
    Member # 73

I saw the first 4 epsidoes on that list over Easter (just) and they were very good. Easily as good as Reboot. Enough to shake me from my original feelings 'oh, Beast Transformers, how crap' to 'this is actually a really good show'

It was shown at 8:30 I think. Or 9:30

And the annoying thing is, The Agenda is the one where the Beast Wars timeline intersects with the first TF episode, More than Meets the Eye.

If you've got digital, or access to ITV2, then it's shown every Sunday.

The problem is at the time BW wasbeing sold abroad, the UK was suffering from anti-violent kids shows backlash partially due to Power Rangers, so they had a choice of selling to GMTV (who'd only show it on Bank Holidays) or Channel 5 (bwah haw haw)

Tough choice. I blame Mary Whitehouse.

------------------
    -Dinobot

Montgomery
    Reigning Supreme
    Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Lemme get this straight:

Beast Wars involves a bunch of robots descended from the original TFs, who come from a future Cybertron where the remaining badguys call themselves Predacons. Maximals pursue a Con ship and both end up trapped in the past, on primordial Earth. For some reason they can't go out much in the air, except shielded by new "Beast forms".

How am I doing?

Optimus Primal and Megatron are not the TFs we know, but some much younger, (and shorter?) creations named in honour of their predecessors.
    At some point the Ark crashes and Meggy decides to do some history-meddling. (But wasn't the Ark full of deactivated robots lying around in the cargo bay? did the Cartoon use a different arrival story?)

Please correct any errors I've made.

------------------
    "I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
    - Vic Reeves

Krenim
    Unholy Triangle Fella
    Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    They originally chose beast modes because of the massive amounts of unstable energon on the planet, which would fry them if in robot mode too long. Other than that, you're absolutely right.

------------------
    Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
    Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Montgomery
    Reigning Supreme
    Member # 23

Then what's this I hear about life pods on the Ark?
    I thought they lay in bits in the cargo bay until an eruprtion in 1984 activated the computer, who rebiuilt hem. The snag being it rebuilt the Cons too...

------------------
    "I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
    - Vic Reeves

Krenim
    Unholy Triangle Fella
    Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Do you really want to be spoiled for late Season 2/early Season 3?

------------------
    Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
    Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

PsyLiam
    Hungry for you
    Member # 73

Okay, not spoiling, but I think you're getting two different threads mixed up. The Axalon, the Miximal ship, contains a lot of TF's in stasis, in just a protoform mode. When they arrive at whereever they are going, they send out scanners to adapt to the local life. When the Axalon crashed, all the life pods were ejected into space. In season 1, three crashed. The maximals got to two, Airrazor (Hawk) and Tigertron (guess), and the Predacons got to another, and reprogrammed the protoform to be a Predacon. (Blackarachnia). At the end of season 1, all the remaining pods crashed. Some burne dup, some landed.

The Ark (which was never called so in the cartoon, Bob forward and Larry DeTillo chose the comic name) is pretty much the same as the cartoon, AFAIK. There are no conflicts. (well, apart form someone's certain spark-holder)

Optimus Primal is basically a Starship captain who happened to be cahsing Megatron. There is more to the mission he was on than is fist apparent, but we don't find out until season 3.

Megatron is a Predacon criminal. The Predacons actually live in relaitve (bbut uneasy) peace with the Maximals. I think the Autobots still rule Cybertron, and the Decepticons, after loosing the Great War, have been all but exterminated.

In season 2 (Aftermath), some of them got new Transmetal modes. Also I think the unstable energon on the planet has changed, so they can stay in robot mode for as long as they want. The TM modes are basically shiny beasts, and a hybrid beast/vehicle mode (for instance, Megs is a flying T-Rex, rattrap is a Hot-Rod Rat (not that Hot Rod)

BTW, if you have digital, or receive ITV2, then Beast Wars is on every Sunday at 9:30.

If you want to download episodes of both genaration 1 transformers, and Beast Wars, check this out...

The Transformers Archive

------------------
    -Dinobot

Aethelwer
    Frank G
    Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Inferno showed up in season 1 also. Tarantulas wanted to turn him into another Blackarachnia-type spider, but he ended up as a nutty fire ant.

------------------
    http://frankg.dgne.com/
    Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
    Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

[This message was edited by The Shadow on April 21, 1999.]

Montgomery
    Reigning Supreme
    Member # 23

*head starts spinning*

So........Yes..

(with apologies to Eddie Izzard)

------------------
    "I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
    - Vic Reeves

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps