Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Those evil Xeelee... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Those evil Xeelee...
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone provide me some info on them? (not the most basic info)

And I want info about Photino Birds.

That's first. Second: Do you think that real fuure will be something like this?

More stuff later.

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buh?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont encourage him.. move slowly, back out of the thread.. no sudden moves

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he's refering to this. I don't think I've ever read any of them. They appear to feature a "temporal cold war" though. Curious.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Baxter. Good God, someone apart from me has brought up a British SF author in this Forum, it's a miracle. . .

I read a couple. Never really got into them, he tends for the most part to do really hard SF that's not to my taste. After these novels, he did a sequel to The Time Machine that went off into parallel universes, then a series of books based around an alternate US/NASA timeline - Voyage, Titan, the collection Traces, plus my personal favourite of his, Moonseed. Since then he's gone strange again with the Time/Space/er, Something Else trilogy that features the same set of characters but in different universes each time.

Has a thing for destroying the world, indeed in one of them he destoyed the universe. It's being a failed British astronaut candidate that does it, I reckon. . .

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...hey, has anyone seen the previews for the remake of "The Time Machine" ? Can't remember who's in it, but it looks decent.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
Member # 393

Guy Pearce and, er, Samantha Mumba.

--------------------

Xeelee
Member # 1433

- posted      Profile for Xeelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Xeelee were baryonic lords of this universe who were waging a war with the dark matter lifeforms. They knew they were going to lose and started building the ring which would enable them to escape this universe into another where there were no dark matter birds.
Us humans did not know that and thought they were out to destroy the universe with their great attractor so then we went to war against them. We were like flies to them. Finally they got pissed off and enslaved the last humans in a 4-d box.

[Smile]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus the Christ!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close to three years. That's gotta be a new record.
Xeelee
Member # 1433

- posted      Profile for Xeelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys. I was looking for a book by Baxter and I came across this forum and I just had to register and give more info. [Smile]

--------------------
Baryonic Lord

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've had at least 3 years before...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thnk so too....

Do we get the 'old thread resurrection' warning here???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

I swear, I read my posts and it's like they're by a different person. . .

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Do we get the 'old thread resurrection' warning here???

Do we have "old thread resurrection" warnings here? I can't remember, and my moderator's handbook is at a friend's house.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps