Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » I need your brains! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I need your brains!
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hesistate to mention this show, for fear of incurring some horrid wrath from those who don't like it, but I have a query regarding SeaQuest DSV.

Now, while hardly premier league, the later eps of this show did entertain me briefly on weekend afternoons when ITV showed them. But the opener of season 3, "Brave New world", which saw the relaunch of the show as "SeaQuest 2032" managed to escape me on the only two occasions it was on. (The usual ITV tricks....)

Did anyone see this ep? If so, how did it resolve the Dallas-style finale of the previous season?
Did it resolve it?
And what was the gist of the new setting with Michael York etc.

This has bugged me for months.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll have to forgive me here, I have only seen it once, and can't remember names.

The kid escaped the Seaquest and contacted the aliens on that planet they were on. At the start of the next season everyone was back on Earth, it was ten years later. The crew minus the captain, had ended up together, and the Seaqueast was found in the middle of a corn field 1000 miles from the ocean. Choppers came in a took it to water, they got a new Captain, Roy Snyder showed up later in the episode, on an island that had been his home at some time or another. I don't know why they didn't die in the explotion the season before, and only saw about three more eps, then lost track of it.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right, Excalibur, that was what happened.

The fate of SeaQuest from there took a turn for the worse.

It was one of our family's favorite shows, until they decided to run it into the ground as they did for the rest of the season.

What do you do with a show you no longer wish to run? Make it so stupid no one will watch.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

[This message was edited by Jeff Raven on April 20, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seaquest is still shown on the Sci-Fi channel, BTW.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how they escaped then?
Or even if it was ever revealed?

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost all respect for anyone involved with this thread, including myself.

A talking dolphin? What the hell were they thinking?

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Liam...guess who supposedly did Darwin's voice...hint, his initials are Frank Welker. I don't know if this is true, though. But, then, he's been in everything else...

------------------
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank Welker also did the voice of Uni the Unicorn in Dungeons and Dragons, so I think he'd already hit the low of his career.

------------------
-Dinobot

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And Scooter from Gobots. *shudders*

Wheelie vs Scooter death-match!

------------------
-Dinobot

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure who to cheer for in that match. The Transformer-ripoff vs. the Transformer that should have been a Transformer-ripoff...

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Such a thing already exists, unfortunately.

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

*growls at lack of insight presented into the question at hand*

Additionally, I'm afraid noone is allowed to mention the Gobots without become eligable for immediate execution. It has aroused terrible TERRIBLE memories of a demented Timmy "Itsy, Bitsy, teeny, weeny" Mallet proclaiming in one of his more lucid moments "Gobots go Botty!" or was it "Potty"? I shall gain some comfort from instilling his hideous ghost in all of your brains. Now as for you punishments, form a line, and I'll warm up the leeches...

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Damn you Monty. I'd completly forgotten about 'GoBots go Botty!'

May you rot in hell for all eternity.

------------------
-Dinobot

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, like him or not, Frank Welker is credited with about 200 projects, including an alien voice for "Star Trek: Voyager," 'Nothing Human.'

Frank Welker is everywhere!!

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Liam: Beware, for next I shall unleash the demon that is Edd the Duck!

I refuse to believe anyone has devoted webspace to the Gobots. A compendium of the amusing shapes fluff can sometimes come in would be a fare more worthy scholarly endeavour.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps