Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A Cross-Series Comparison Chart (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A Cross-Series Comparison Chart
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wee, superflous post, noticed the Star Wars Acclamator-class is already on the chart.

Where did you find a sideview, MinutiaeMan? Do you have a larger original? ;.)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim: It's already there. Check the top right corner. [Razz]
As to its origin, it's actually a kitbashed version of the Victory-class Star Destroyer that I borrowed from somewhere.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is there no tech pictures for ships from Stargate - there are some GREAT designs on that show!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the same reason there aren't any the last time you asked, Andrew -- I haven't found any decent side views of the ships yet. [Razz]

If you can point me to some decent sources, though, I'll definitely add them to the mix.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A request. Course, it would work out to about half a pixel across.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

*gasp* I've been looking for clean pics of Serenity ever since I first saw the show! That one's going in right away!

...If I can find some good measurements to go along with the image. Shouldn't be too hard, though. [Wink]

--------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good request, to bad they canceled the show.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are there no Red Dwarf side images anywhere? Eh? I have found some Blue Midget ones, but I don't quite think that it would be visible on that chart.

Hasn't anyone got the DVDs? There were plenty of stock shots of the ship flying sideways.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got the DVDs, and I am glad that they used the original model shots instead of the rubbishy CGI from the so-called "special edition".

Unfortunately I have no way to capture images from DVDs (no PC with DVD drive, sorry!) [Frown]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the DVDs but every time I try and do a screen cap it saves as a blank screen for some reason. I suspect my computer is cursed.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

That happens to most people. Your screencap program needs to be compatibile with the graphics card, and that's not always the case.

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, Ok. I think I prefered my explanation [Wink]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Well, I've had the exact same problem with every screencap from a DVD that I've tried to take in the past two years. What REALLY sucks is that when I try to use non-fullscreen windows, it will take an image of the computer screen parts, but leave the movie window black!

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PowerDVD or WinDVD. Learn them. Use them. Love them.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a "problem" or mistake, but a side-effect of how the image is displayed. Rather than using your normal display, DVD movies use Complex DirectX Stuff to maximise efficiency. Which means they don't show up on normal screengraps.

Still as Cartman points out (sort of), pretty much all DVD software has capture buttons. Use them!

The DVDs don't use the "remastered" footage, with the evil, evil Long Red Dwarf in them, do they?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps