Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » CRUSADE: New Information

Author Topic: CRUSADE: New Information
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site is online now, and contains brief episode story summaries. (Drool!)

TNT's Preview Site

Be warned, the use of the phrase "limited series" will chill your blood.

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read the parable JMS told about the song-writer, and the interfering King.

It had NOTHING to do with TNT. Honest.

If you haven't, I'll try and find it.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I read it. It's good that he refused to bow to what would seem to have been alarming demands from TNT.

I can't decide if I want Crusade to get a second season. The premise is good, the plots seem interesting. We'll have to see if the quality of the stories is up to season 3 standard (Wahey!) or ion par with more recent season 5 fare (vomity poo).

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not unusual for shows to only start with an abbreviated first season. Voyager did, and that was before they held over the last 4 for amalgamation into season two. So, also, did Buffy. . .
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was slightly different. Buffy was a mid season replacement that was guaranteed a full second season. Voyager was also guaranteed a second season.
Crusade isn't. The actors finished work months ago, and won't find out about s2 for another few months. They have to look for new work. And then they can't just drop everything to return to crusade. They'll have new contracts.

On the other hand, 2 of the main characters from the B5 pilot couldn't or didn't do the series (3 if you count Lyta) and they adapted. It's possilbe Crusade might to. And ones who can't commit might still be able to do one or two episodes to tie up loose ends (a la Sinclair)

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see The Excalibur once a week for five years.

------------------
SHATTERED MIRROR

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, sever was slow

[This message was edited by Dan on May 10, 1999.]

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Excalibur: I agree with you 99.999%. Personally, I'd like say 5-10 years myself. I still love that ship, better than the Defiant.

PsyLiam: There is a clause in the contract that each actor and crew member signed that said that they could persue other projects, but if Crusade was renewed, they would be bound to make it. It ends about the last week of June. If ratings are great, they'll renew for Season 2, meaning everyone has to go back to work, meaning after the 13 air, it'll be about a month of reruns, then new eps. And Crusade only airs in less than a month, so it won't be long. I only hope I can last. And it actually did involve around TNT, wanting Crusade to be a Voyager/Baywatch scifi show with teens with overreactive hormones.

Either way, I'm excited with the FX from ACtA and I even liked the music (being born in Kansas City, which has a deep Jazz background). I've heard some good reviews about Even Chen's work on Crusade. Plus there was JMS's article on Even Chen that I agree with wholeheartedly.

And above all, JPL will be involved with every part of the production. Finally a SciFi show that obeys the laws of physics.

Plus, what was so bad about Season 5? It tied up loose ends around the B5 universe. True, the Telepath thing took a little long and there was too much lead into the Centauri War, but All My Dreams Torn Asunder, Movements of Fire and Shadow, The Fall of Centauri Prime, and Object at Rest were very good shows well written to where you can feel what the characters were going through. I didn't include Sleeping in Light because it was made during the Season 4 run, but it was easily the BEST Babylon 5 show ever. It'll beat the hell out of Insurrection easily if Severed Dreams tore apart First Contact and Independence Day (with some added help from the X-Files).

Well, with Crusade on the horizon, well see if Fiona Avery is a better writer than a Reference Editor.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that s5 was good. But then, so were the others. Exactly when does Crusade start airing?

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Dan
Member # 129

About 1 day, 2 hours, and 2 seconds after this is wrtten.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps