Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What is the Animatrix? Possible "Reloaded" $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is the Animatrix? Possible "Reloaded" $$$
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Detective Story" is beautifully animated, though.

(You didn't mention what I thought was the only real inconsistency in it, namely, if the agents could just grab ahold of anyone like that, why not Trinity? Or Neo, before he's spirited away from the Matrix?)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - I agree with that. I thought it was strange.

I think it was set in 1998 but it's just the style of the short was trying to be film noir etc.

I've just started a new thread - but has anyone else go the Animatrix at the theatre yet? I went and saw all 9 last night. Very fucking cool.

The Popper kid was really good oh and well they ALL were. I might go see it again tonight! I liked it that much! It's only on for 3 days. Friday, Saturday and today, Sunday.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been comparing the Osiris with the Nebuchadnezzar. The Osiris seems to be a larger vessel. The cockpit is larger and it has almost twice the amount of hoverpads.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidently, Andrew, it's only getting a theatrical release in Australia, New Zealand, and other points Oceanic.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Cause the SOUND - my GOD! The sound was awesome... like when the letters fall down the screen. Or the bit in the samurai story when those Japanese Gates appear and fly passed them. Or especially in the Last Flight...

So only Australia, NZ - Oceania sorta places - like where-else? And it was only on for 3 days. Lucky I saw it twice! [Smile]

Oh let me gloat for once - we never get anything unique - movie wise here. We only just pulled of 1 day earlier for X2 and 1 day early for First Contact! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Agents couldn't get Trinity because she's not connected to the Matrix anymore. They could've possessed Neo during the first film before Morpheus disconnected him, but they didn't realize who he was. They were after Morpheus and were just using Neo to get to him. Possessing him would have served no purpose.

As for the typewriter thing... I think it was just a function of the style of artwork. Yah... it was a little futuristic for '98... but it looked really cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I believe he said he was "old fashioned", that sounds like something from the 50's, doesn't it? [Confused]

And the people in the train cars were screaming when the agents were walking through, even before they'd whipped out their Desert Eagles. Why would they be afraid of them if they didn't see that they were kind of "alien"?

And hello? Steam trainz? Since when did Chicago have steam trainz?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps