Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » How to enliven a quiet forum - Lesson #21

Author Topic: How to enliven a quiet forum - Lesson #21
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was the greatest Decepticon leader of awwwwwwl time?

Meggy? Ol' one eye? Sound"what speech imprediment?"Wave? Thunder"Oooh you-are awful"Wing? Lord"It's cool to be clear"Straxus?

Or even Ratbat!?!!

"Yeah, I know he's just a tape, but he's really helped balance the energon budget and he can flap his little wings in a really cool way, and he-..."

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."
"Ohw, rubbish. I reckon Random Pavarotti disease is a physical condition......
Let's go and look at 'is bum!"

-Rex the Runt

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also Bludgeon and Scorponok and Galvatron (and Deathsaurus from the Japanese series). In terms of leader value, Megs or Shockwave, but Bludgeon and Thunderwing were pretty cool as characters.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If it's not fun, it's not Macintosh." - Adam Engst

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Sporponok the best.

------------------
0 days of class, college is taken care of, summer job; check, now if I could get that girl back to her old self.

Oh, and that sig.file. :)

Wheelersburg Correctional Facility

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, Galvatron tended to work alone. He didnt seem to spend much time leading his troops.

As for Bludgeon, I can't take him seriously as a leader. The best ones don't need a Pretender shell's strength to knock someone's head off.

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."

-Rex the Runt

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galvatron was leader in the cartoon.

Thunderwing always stayed in his shell, except when taking on the ultimate warrior, Nightbeat. And Bludgeon doesn't necessarily need the shell, being a tank...

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galvatron in the cartoon hardly counts as a leader. Fruit-drying psycopath maybe...

Definetly Shockers. In the very early issues (#4 US) he flew down and pretty much wiped out all the Autobots by himself. Okay, so they were knackered at the time, but he was sensible enough to hit them while they were down, rather than waiting for them to get up and have a fair fight.

Also, Shockers beat Megs in a fight, and never blew himself up on no Space Bridge either.

On the other hand, Megs (and Galvy) togther managed to kill about 30 (at least) TF's by themselves. Pity half were Decepticon, but there you go.

Soundwave was a bit like Scorponok at times. He wished for something better, but realised that there was rally no way to reconsile the differences between 'bot and 'con. Still, at least he was clear headed and could manipulate the situation well. Look at Issue 96 - Prey (part 1) for a great example of this. Megs is walking around two stpes away from killing everyone (as usual) where Soundwave comes along and sucks up to him in a clever way to get what is actually best for monotone-boy.

And by an amazing coincidence, my site also has Thunderwing's first ever appearence, back when he was bad. And if I can be arsed, we'll even get "quote Monty" Straxus and his life giving 7-up "unquote Monty" up soon.

Although Scorponok gets major points for doing one thing...killing Ratbat. Come one, admit it, you'd been waiting for someone to do it to the annoying little turd ever since he got in charge.

And knock points off of Soundwave for taking his orders. What were you thinking Bob Budiansky?

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on May 20, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

When did Scorps kill Ratbat? Was it in the UK comics or did I just miss that scene in the final Underbase issue?

Also:

------------------

[This message was edited by The Shadow on May 20, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen a scant few Beast Wars episodes, as it comes on while I'm busy getting ready to go to work (alas, no TV in my shower)... But I saw a toy the other day.. a new Predacon, turns into a crab and a "assault vehicle" thing... who is supposed to have a spark which may be impossible to extinguish.

Sounds familiar...

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

That would be Rampage. And there is one way to kill him.

------------------
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest!" - Anonymous battle droid

[This message was edited by The Shadow on May 20, 1999.]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Probably the same horrible way that claimed so many of my TF toys when I was little....
Some clod accidentally stands on them.

------------------

-Rex the Runt

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is suppossed to sound familiar. It was an experiment by the Maximals to duplicate Starscream's impossible to extinguish spark.

Scorponok shot ratbeat in the back, saying 'take that you little turd. Ha, think you can beat me. What are you goingto do? Shit on me from a great height? DIE DIE DIE!'

Or so I wished. He actually said 'you go to meet your maker'. Bits of Ratbat fall off, and he's never seen again. Ergo...he's dead.

------------------
-Richard Herring

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I only had two or three comics, and sold them long ago, I can only go with the cartoon leaders. Megatron was a good leader. Galvatron was just a nut who liked to blow things up. Of course, if we were counting Beast Wars, I'd say BW Megs was the best of all, but I have the distinct feeling we're not.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

BW Megs started good, but from what I've gathered, seemed to go down the 'Galvatron road' towards the end. At least Galvy never killed any of his own troops...

------------------
-Richard Herring

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps