Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » My Sci-Fi

Author Topic: My Sci-Fi
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the beginnings of an idea I've had for awhile now. I got the inspiration for making a timeline from Paul Cargile's site.

The actual story takes place several thousand years after the dates listed here. This is only the beginning of things.

2005: Advances in genetic engineering lead to the rapid elimination of many diseases. Scientists predict that all known ailments will be conquered within 30 years.

2007: The Mormon Church announces its creation of a storehouse for all knowledge. Their reasons for this are unknown, but appear to be linked with a reinterpretation of apocalyptic beliefs that were gaining power within many religions. The storehouse is essentially a copy of the Internet.

2022: Mormon Database completed. The actual hardcopies are stored within a privately built structure deep within the Utah desert.

2035: The Withering. Seventy percent of the planet's crops die.

January, 2036: Facing starvation, the United States annexes Canada. War breaks out.

February, 2036: Canadian/United States War grinds to a halt as soldiers are unwilling to fight with nothing to eat. Similar wars meet similar fates across the globe.

October, 2036: Newly formed Russian Confederation launches several nuclear strikes against Western European nations.

November, 2036: The Withering spreads. Humans and other animals begin to die.

2037: Mass extinctions.

2038: End of The Withering. Human civilization rendered virtually nonexistant.

2071: First community of over 10,000 people created in Nevada. New Reno quickly expands due to its effective use of leftover military equipment.

2073: New Reno expands to control much of the western coast of the former United States of America.

2077: Pope Peter I becomes first leader of the Roman Catholic Church since The Withering.

2101: Much of Europe united under Catholicism. Holy Empire of God declared. Among its teachings is the commandment "Thou shalt not create as God creates."

2146: First Vatican Expedition to North America. Contact made with the loosely organized citystates of Eastern North America.

2147: Eastern North America proves receptive to Church teachings. Expansion of Holy Empire of God into Africa and Asia.

2148: Second Vatican Expedition to North America makes contact with New Reno. Governor-General Harold Franklin requests an audience with Pope Peter III. The expedition is horrifyed by New Reno's use of pre-Withering information. Governor-General Franklin and Pope Peter III meet, regardless.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravo! IMO, anyone tempted to write fan-fiction and such should follow Sol's (and Cargile's) example and put their creative energy to good use.

Anyway, I await Sol's actual story.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My own personal modifications to Sol's timeline

January, 2036: Facing starvation, the United States attempts to annexes Canada. All attempts fail, however, as Canada's well armed and well fed military easily fends off America's armies.

February, 2036: America's armies stop fighting, as they have no food. Also, Canada was whoopin' thier collective asses! Meanwhile, Canada's food supply still holds strong.

November, 2036: The Withering spreads. All nations execpt Canada starve.Nations one by one start making requests for food. They are all turned down.

2037: After the elimination of nearly all species on Earth, Canada sends expeditions out to see what is left.

2038: The borders of Canada spread from the North Pole to the South POle, covering all of North and South America.

2039: Europe becomes part of Canada.

2040: War breaks out between Canada and Asia. Cnada wins, as the Asian army has virtually no resources.

2041: Global peace is declared.

2070: The first ever faster-than-light flight is made.

2080: Earth begins terraforming the Moon.

2100: The first colonists from Earth settle on a green Moon, now called Earth 2

2110: Terraforming begins on Mars.

2150: The first colonist settle on a green Mars.

2200: Terraforming begins on Titan.

2220: The first colonists settle on a green Titan.

2240: The first expedition to leave the Solar System departs for Proxima Centauri.

2245: All communication is lost with the Proxima Centauri Expedition.

2250: A large Zetan fleet enters the Solar System to make contact with it's inhabitants. It is learned that the Proxima Centauri Expedition lost contact with Earth due to jamming on the part of the Zetans.

2260: Life continues peacefully.

2330: Time travel is created.

2340: Multiple temporal incursions occur. The Withering is stopped before it even began. Canada still controls North and South America, Austrailia and Europe, however.

2350: A small group of young men and women numbering some 169 are transplanted from 1999 to Earth 2.

This timeline is for entertainment purposes only. Feel free to use this for a story, however that story will be screwed up, just like this timeline.

------------------
U.S.S. Infiltrator NCC-75235
www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/4930
"I like the carpet. I really do!"
-Julian Bashir

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Transplated from 1999 to Earth 2? Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Though I didn't know Martin Landau was in Earth 2.

Of course, this continues the twisting of my posts into some bizarre nutfest, like the last one. I don't know why I bother, I really don't...

*wanders off mumbling*

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be discouraged. Farbux was making a joke. He was annoyed at the "pick on Canada" attitude.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Yes, I know. We had a discussion. But I could hardly pass up a Space: 1999 joke.

------------------
--
They Might Be Giants

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW. I'm flattered.

------------------
"Minsk."

Cmdr Worf

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps