Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Who Became What? (Transformers Movie) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who Became What? (Transformers Movie)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm watching Transformers the Movie loaned by a friend of mine. Just after the battle in Autobot City, where Starscream dumps Megatron and a few other Decepticons out of Astrotrain. These Decepticons then meet up with Unicron who then gives them their new bodies. We all know Megatron becomes Galvatron. However, who becomes the other "converted ones"?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this the Transformers equivalent of the "how long is the Defiant" debate?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bombshell, the inscecticon leader becomes Cyclonus, (Kickback got his head crushed by Hot Rod) Shrapnell, Thundercracker and Skywarp and somebody I cant recall became the Sweeps.
So, all the bugs either buy the farm or become something else.

Odd, considering Bombshell was always trying to overthrow Megatron and he became Galvatron's only loyal crony.

Leonard Nimoy is great as Galvatron though!
Trek really should have stuck him in makeup as a bad guy sometime...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are missing:

The character named Armada.

Or:

A group called Armada.

Prowl Alpha
Member # 1139

- posted      Profile for Prowl Alpha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thundercracker became Scourge and leads the new sweep aka decepticon jets group. Skywarp became the other Cyclonus. It is the popular theory that the second Cyclonus was destroyed at the second battle of autobot city. That was the one where Ultra Magnus was leading the Autobots against Galvatron. Each claiming that they will destroy each other like Optimus and Megatron did.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well....not in the movie (although you're right about them showing a second Cyclonus for no good reason).

Best line goes to Rumble:
"First we crack the shell, then the nuts inside!"

Nothing spells fun like piledrivers for arms.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Decepticon Jets group consisted of at least six fighters, IIRC: Starscream, Thundercracker, Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet and another fighter I do not recall. So Starscream gets friend by Galvatron, Thundercracker becomes a Sweep. I know that Ultra Magnus destroys both Dirge and Ramjet (two hits? that strong?), so what happened to Thrust and the sixth fighter?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever happened to that purple one - that had the little cassette tape in his chest that turned into a pterodactyl... he wasn't very nice. And isn't the movie the first time we see a female transformer... what year was the Transformers movie - 1986?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That purple one" was Soundwave. The cassette (which was a bird; the only pterodactyl was Swoop the Dinobot) was Laserbeak. (Actually, there was another bird cassette who was differently-colored, but I think the cartoon only showed him once.) As for what happened to Soundwave, I believe he lasted through the end of the series.

And I believe the first female Transformers appeared in the middle of the second season (the movie was between the second and third seasons).

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The sixth jet was Skywarp: he could teleport.
A power so cool, the almost never showed it.

Soundwave's other bird cassette was gold and blackk....and the name escapes me as well!
FUCK! That's gonna haunt me.

HA! It's BUZZSAW!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the Decepticon jets: Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker were the originals/oldest and were all destroyed in the movie. Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet were newer, first appeared in second season, and I'm pretty sure those three survived to see the third season.

I may be remembering this incorrectly but wasn't Shrapnel, not Bombshell, the leader of the Insecticons?

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.

Thundercracker became Scourge
Bombshell became Cyclonus
(Skywarp became the 'second' Cyclonus)

The 'Armada' refers to the other Cyclonus and all the Sweeps under Cyclonus' command

Remember that the Insecticons can make clones of themselves out of bits of metal, and there were more insecticons seen floating with the Decepticons; the clones probably became the other Sweeps.

The 'Pterodactyl referred to earlier may be Rat Bat, a bat cassette.

All three of the later jets are seen in Season 3. Shrapnel and Kickback are seen in Season 3.

The first female Transformers we saw were in Season 2 before the movie. There was Aerial, who became Elita-1; Chromia, Firestar, and Moonracer, plus a green one and an orange one that didn't get names.

The insecticon's didn't have an official leader, but it did seem that Shrapnel was the one who did the take charge thing the most.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was the cassette that was a grey hound...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's a panther actually.
Soundwave's original batch o' cassettes:

Ravage (the panther)
Buzzsaw and Laserbeak (the birds)
Rumble and Frenzy (humanoids with transforming piledriver arms and big guns that are almost never fired)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just add that Buzzsaw was the cassette that came with the Soundwave toy. Strange that Buzzsaw was almost never used in the cartoon. Didn't they also frequently mix up Rumble and Frenzy's names?

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps