Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » So...Matrix: Revolutions (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: So...Matrix: Revolutions
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This brings up another interesting question... If Cypher is jacked in at this point, he's likely being monitored from the ship. How can he be sitting across the table from an Agent without everyone going nuts? They can see the Agents in the code on their monitors. Even if he thought he had created some kind of diversion on the ship so as not to be monitored for a time, why would he sit there and have a meal with the guy?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Cypher frequents the restaraunt, so people weren't paying too much attention to that part. And my guess about the agents would be that they're only visible when they're breaking the rules, maybe unless you're specifically looking for 'em. Remember how whacky everything got on the screens when all those Smiths showed up, or while Neo was flying around?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm of the opinion that he jacked HIMSELF in on the night shift, after Neo talked with him. They were basically waiting for the Oracle to call, so they were at broadcast depth and sitting tight for some time while online. It was probably a little awkward to do, but while everyone was asleep Cypher stuck the spike into his own head, and took a little trip to see Smith. He was probably in the middle of setting up the meeting when Neo surprised him.

Mark

PS - We watched the first two LOTR movies in a marathon session yesterday, and are now more convinced than ever that Middle Earth is just another incarnation of the Matrix.

Misssster Aragorn... We've missed you.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, never thought of that. Who are the agents? The elves?

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, the fact that he was called "Mr Reagen" before
they got to the "actor/politician" bit doesn't make it a coincidence. It means that the writers were doing one of those "things you only notice if you are paying attention or watching the movie a second time and are a bit obsessive".

Anyway, I know I'm late with this, but...saw it. Thought it was okay as an action film. Compared to the first, it was a bit...meh. But far, far better than Reloaded. By the time they got to the fight with the bloke who wasn't Jet Lee in that film, I was sick to death of the fighting. This one was better. Smith does seem to be doing a caricature of himself by the end of the film though. And how slow is Neo?

"I've been waiting for this moment, Mr Anderson."

"Who are you?"

"Human bodies digust me. Therefore implying that I'm not human."

"Who are you?"

"There are many of me, and I've fought you before."

"Who are you?"

"Mr Anderson, I will kill you, like you tried to kill me at the end of the first movie but didn't and then there were lots of me in the second one and you attacked me with a stick."

"Nope, sorry, who are you?"

I was terrified when the Architect appeared at the end though. I was going to scream if he started talking like that again.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding. You'd think that Bane calling him Mr. Anderson would be a big clue since Smith is the only one to call him that.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Cypher jacked himself in, and noone was around to monitor him, how did he get out?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Auto-timed exit call?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking he set the outside computer to automatically dial in at an exit point, or to do so when he signaled it through his cell. His reviving in the Real isn't necessarily contingent on the spike leaving his head.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmmmm... Good point. Ok, I can live with that explanation.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something funny from someone obviously insane:
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/matrix50.html

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I'm thinking he set the outside computer to automatically dial in at an exit point, or to do so when he signaled it through his cell. His reviving in the Real isn't necessarily contingent on the spike leaving his head.

Mark

What would happen if a Matrix resident (another human hooked up) picked up a ringing phone that was intended for Neo, Trinity, Morpheus etc? Would Neo be then walking around with some little old lady's mind in his body?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Member # 91

I'd guess they'd just hear a modem signal. Smith only got out by possessing the digital self of a guy who could have gotten out anyway.

--------------------

Wes
is still alive.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ am i the only one that found that extremly not funny? Its like he's trying to be maddox, but failing. Horribly.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I dont know: Neo sure fought like an old lady in the Logos against Smith/Bane.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.