Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Doctor Who - Scream of the Shalka (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Doctor Who - Scream of the Shalka
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy is weird.
AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra Magnus
quote:
This guy is weird.
WHO says I'm a Male!!! [Razz]

--------------------
"Have you betrayed US? Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

http://www.avon-paul-darrow.co.uk
http://www.blakes-7.co.uk
http://www.incredibleworlds.com

Avon.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly not me.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AVON:
Right, recarding "PETER CUSHING'S" version of the "DOCTOR" - it is as much part of the "DW" cannon as is, the (naff awful 1996 Movie with the half-Human, "PAUL McGANN" version).

Except that, er, the 1996 movie is part of the canon. And the two 60s Dalek movies blatantly are not. There shouldn't even be an argument here.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WHO says I'm a Male!!!"

Oh, no. It's discovered boldface...

Anyway, you have a picture of a man in your profile.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps that's what the final appearance should look like after the hormone therapy and plastic surgery.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anyway, you have a picture of a man in your profile."

Not just ANY, man but, "AVON"!!!

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DING DONG!......AVON calling....

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES - I do have my favourite character's photo AVON up in my profile for, the same reason I use AVON as my username!!!

However, doesn't mean to say I'm automatically a MALE does it. How d'you know I'm not a FEMALE - Simple, YOU DON'T and, I'm not saying, either. [Razz]

--------------------

TAKE KERR, OK!

Avon.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.

I've tried not to do this, mostly because I honestly don't give a crap. But here we go: The "ALL CAPS AND QUOTATION THING"... I don't know why, but it's building in me this immense rage. I'm also confused as to it's purpose. It takes longer to type and it's not correct writing. Nothing is ever all caps except acronyms and names and characters are not put in quotes. If you want to quote "Movie Titles", "TV Show Titles", or "Episode Titles", I'm down with that, but I feel like I'm reading a Google results page.

Ok... back to my Philly Steak.

Oh yah... Doctor Who... I've been slowly making my way through the epsiode list on the BBC's site. I think I'm up to the fourth Doctor. I remember watching eps on PBS with a friend of mine when we were in junior high. I think they put a bunch of episodes together and ran, like, four hour movies every Friday night. I never could stay awake for the whole thing.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

quote:
YES - I do have my favourite character's photo AVON up in my profile for, the same reason I use AVON as my username!!!

However, doesn't mean to say I'm automatically a MALE does it. How d'you know I'm not a FEMALE - Simple, YOU DON'T and, I'm not saying, either. [Razz]

Wow...AND gender identity issues... [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"However, doesn't mean to say I'm automatically a MALE does it. How d'you know I'm not a FEMALE - Simple, YOU DON'T and, I'm not saying, either."

But you didn't ask for proof of your masculinity (which I'm sure is hard to find, regardless of your gender). You asked "WHO says I'm a Male!!!". And the answer is that your profile says you're male, by implying that a picture of a man is a picture of you.

By the way, I use the word "ask" loosely. If you hold down the key on your keyboard that says "Shift" on it, and then press the key with the '?' symbol on it, you can type a question mark. It is customary to type this character at the end of an interrogative sentence, in place of the period.

AVON
Member # 1186

TSN
quote:
But you didn't ask for proof of your masculinity (which I'm sure is hard to find, regardless of your gender). You asked "WHOsays I'm a Male!!!" And the answer is that your profile says you're a male, by implying that a picture of a man is a picture of you.
CORRECT- I didn't ask for proof of my gender, hence, I didn't need to use a question(???) mark. I was merely, stating that I wasn't or, might not necessarily be the gender that you assumed, OK!

I'm still not saying, either. [Razz]

Also, WHY does having a photo of my favourite MALE "B7" character "AVON" have to mean I can't use it if I am a, FEMALE not, a MALE"B7" FAN??? It doesn't.

Gender has nothing to do with whose avatar you use, as far as, I'm concerned!!! [Razz]

--------------------

TAKE KERR, OK!

Avon.

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Remeber that back then "DW" was not only done live but, was done 50 out of 52 weeks (with only a break for Christmas).

Doctor Who was never broadcast live. It was always pre-recorded. I think the closest they ever came was during one Pertwee when they were still working on the music on the morning of the day of broadcast.

During the Hartnell years recording was two months ahead of broadcast at the start of a season, falling to only three weeks or so ahead by the end of the season.

Broadcasts ran for about ten months out of twelve whilst recording was almost continuous throughout the year (with location recording taking place several weeks before studio recording, thus leading to the recording of stories and even seasons overlapping).

Season one: Nov '63 to Sept '64
(recorded Sept '63 to Aug '64)
Season two: Oct '64 to Jul '65
(recorded Jun '64 to Jul '65)
Season three: Sept '65 to Jul '66
(recorded Jun '65 to Jul '64)

There was no break in broadcast for Christams. One episode (part 7 of The Daleks' Master Plan) was broadcast on Christmas Day 1965 and include one scene where William Hartnell turned to the camera and wished the audience a merry christmas.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I wonder if it was referring to the fact that the show was filmed with single takes, because it was too expensive to film multiple takes of a shot and edit it in post-production.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps