Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Mars Trilogy

Author Topic: Mars Trilogy
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, as someone said, James Cameron is turning these superb books into film...

OK, they'll probably ruin it for me, like i'm sure they'll ruin The Lord of the Rings ;o)

but anyway...

I think they should film it in Australia!

A lot of the outback here is REALLY REALLY red.

anyone think of some actors who can take on the parts?

John Boone? Maya? Frank? Hiroko

hey how about Roaslind Chao as Hiroko!?!

A N D R E W R

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This doesn't really have anything to do with the books, I'm afraid. But I wanted to mention that I recently saw Rosalind Chao in an episode of Max Headroom. She was a helicopter pilot/budding reporter. Of course, I think everyone was a budding reporter in that show...

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't think of any actors off the top of my head, but I am a little dissappointed that they're turning the excellent Mars books into film(s?). Personally, I don't think that a film (or films) could do the story line justice, unless they focus on just a small part of the overall story. However, knowing Cameron, the films would probably be spectacular anyway if he does the same type of job as he did on Titanic.
IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(red face) I need to read these.

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh heh, film as instead of print - i didn't know how many films were being made - or in what medium Television? Motion Picture?

yeah, as i have said before, like the lord of the rings, both have such rich tapestry that i think film probably wont do them justice - I really don't think i could handle another persons middle earth, or someone elses Maya...

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.