Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Angel - still can be saved? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Angel - still can be saved?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I've been hearing rumours that another network might pick Angel up after it's end on "the WB". Might it be UPN? They did it for Buffy? Anyway - I came across this through theonering.net of all places:

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1080336958

People are going to 'march on' the WB or something like that - in Los Angeles. Anyone here in LA? [Smile] I'd go if I lived there. Maybe they could start Rodney King-esque riots where geeks take back the streets! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I have to comment on how stupid fans can get when they don't get their way. I heard that someone mailed dog shit to WB along with a letter about Angel. I'm sure as hell not marching with these dipshits. There's no doubt that Angel has a large fanbase, but I don't think that's a factor in their decision to drop the show, and these people aren't going to change WB's mind about it. The last time they did this, WB gave that dreadful show Roswell another season and it was eventually cancelled anyway. And $30,000 from fans, eh? What a great idea--send your money to some nerd with a picket sign and stamps. That'll get the job done.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm gonna send a postcard or letter to WB. Letting them know there is also an Australian audience too... who buys all their frikin' DVDs.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure the knowledge that there is one fanatical fan in all of Down Under will make the WB execs come around.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Heheheh - I'm not the only one... For the Buffy Finale people travelled thousands of kilometers to congregate in I think it was Canberra for the series finale... lots of people.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last couple weeks The WB has been promoting the final episodes of Angel, so there's no doubt they're still getting rid of it. David Boreanaz doesn't even want to do Angel any more, so unless yet another spin-off is made, it's not coming back in any form. Judging by last Wednesday's episode, I think the show's going out pretty well.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well the WB did kill Buffy before UPN took it over.

Any spin off suggestions.

Lorne and Andrew sort of like a Buffy-verse will and grace? [Smile]

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Oh please no! The character of Lorne doesn't need to ever be revived after Angel's over. There is no need for a green, horned, singing bard to be on TV to begin with. If anything, Amy Acker should be in a spin-off, or any other show in which she preferably wears little to no clothing.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oohhh yeah. My post WAS a joke cujo... although I don't mind the Lorne character.

What about "The Crazy Adventures of Drusila" [Big Grin]

Or Fred, Willow, Faith - a new sort of Charlies Angels [Big Grin]

Angel's Charlie.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
I'm sure the knowledge that there is one fanatical fan in all of Down Under will make the WB execs come around.

He's not the only one. Angel is my favourite tv show at the moment, although I'll be happy as long as it ends well. I'd prefer to see it end well now rather then die with a wimper in a couple of years.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand verily corrected.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

More spin-offs:

What about Dawn and Clem - the odd couple [Big Grin]

or

Vampire eye for the undead guy. (Hosted by Harmony)

Wesley and Giles could team up!! That'd be cool.

"The Council" - a new generation watcher's council.

Or even "When demons attack... Riley". [Smile]

Or an X-Files/Buffy crossover. And X-files/Stargate-SG1 cross over could work too! [Big Grin]

Wish they did a Twin Peaks/X-Files cross-over. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffy/Angel TV Movies Possible

I am deeply ambivalent about "TV movies" in general.

Cartman
Member # 256

"And X-files/Stargate-SG1 cross over could work too!"

For the love of all TV, no.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see a TOS/ X-Files/ Buffy crossover so Skully can just curl into a ball screaming that the aliens and the supernatural dont exist....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps