Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ReBoot Season 3 Questions ($$$)

Author Topic: ReBoot Season 3 Questions ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. In "Game Over," Cyrus is on the G-Prime side of the firewall, while Scuzzy is on the outside. Later in that episode, we see Scuzzy enter the room where Hexidecimal's being kept. Now, if it takes someone of Hexidecimal's power to breach the firewall, how did Scuzzy make it in (and presumably Cyrus make it out)?

2. Is it just me, or is that Cyrus leading that Irish dance in the finale's big musical number?

3. In Season 2's "Web World War," Mouse closes the portal to the Web and hides Mainframe's Web address. In Season 3, it is revealed that travel to the Net is also impossible. Now, up until then, I had assumed that the Web and the Net were entirely seperate entities. Now, it seems that maybe one is part of the other. Any explanations?

4. Daemon arranged the Web creature? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Web creature only come through by chance? Did Daemon really count on Mike the TV hitting a high note and shattering Hexidecimal's mirror?

5. Is it just me, or was anyone else sort of disappointed by the Web? We didn't get to see any of the probes or attack drones seen in "Web World War" (except for the corpses seen around the Net side of the entrance). Also, I assumed that Daemon had some sort of control over the Web from what Turbo revealed. All we saw was whalelike creatures and the Web Riders.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only really answer the 3rd question, because it is a more general question, and I haven't seen the 3rd season yet.

#3. As far as I can tell I always thought of the Net and the Web as two seperate entities. The Web is it's own place and the Net connected all the different systems together, but I could be wrong. Also as I recall Mouse said that hiding Mainframe's adress on the web would make nearly impossible to find, but not completely.

This raises another question, if Mouse said travel to the net is impossible, how did Matrix(Enzo) and Andraia get back to Mainframe?

------------------
"Chocolate is a serious thing!"-Counselor Troi

IP: Logged
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Matrix and AndrAIa (the AI is capitalized) left Mainframe via a game. This is not really a reliable mode of transportation, because you can't control where you wind up at. In short, they escaped Mainframe by bypassing the Net/Web.

Now, to explain how they got back to Mainframe, I should explain my view of the Net/Web relationship. I figure that the two are similar in that they connect the various systems. However, the Net is a nice place, while the Web is a generally not-nice place.

Now, once Matrix and AndrAIa found a system that had access to the Net, they really had only one option: to use the Web to get home. The infected Guardians were taking over the Net, plus Bob was the only one who knew Mainframe's address, and he was in the Web.

After Bob was found, and they went to Mainframe's address, they found the traps that Mouse had set up. Among them were an energy storm, pixels that started eating through the Webshielding, and a barrier that tried to push their ship into the tear. However, they managed to make it through the traps, and back to Mainframe.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, isn't Mainframe also the name of the company that does the CGI for ReBoot? Or am I getting things confused?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - TMBG

Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mainframe Entertainment is the company that made Reboot.

------------------
"Chocolate is a serious thing!"-Counselor Troi

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps