Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Smallville Season Finale $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Smallville Season Finale $$
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "S" symbol is also the Smallville High School emblem, at least it was in the first season when the jocks had it on their letterman's jackets.

They painted the Smallville High "S" on Clark when they hung him from a scarecrow post in the premiere episode.

Of the options listed above, number four is the only one I could realistically see being used (hopefully). It is convenient to the plot as well since he is going to be either briefly or permanently given extra superpowers in Jor El's chamber in the cave.

The only other option I could think of is that maybe what we were seeing was a film made by the FBI as part of the Witness Protection Program to fool Lionel into thinking Chloe is dead. But that would be pretty lame if that's how they revealed it next season.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the Jor-el/bastard discussion, it occurred to me that he might be testing Clark to make sure that he doesn't become some evil overlord of earth. Sort of reverse psychology. Knowing what his son would be capable of under a yellow sun Jor-el might even be willing to kill Clark or at least strip him of his powers, to protect Earth...or maybe in this continuity Jor-el has been trapped in the phantom zone too long and is going a bit weird. [Big Grin]

I'm not up to date on Smallville either and I'm not sure how far along in the series E4 has gotten so far. The latest one that I've seen has Lex trying to get his memory back, only to end up remembering that his mother smothered his baby brother. Personally I don't mind the red/blue/yellow imagery, remember that this is all comic book stuff and I suppose they should at least have to establish that Clark actually likes those colours.
In the movie I never got where his costume came from, or why it never got torn or burnt or even dirty if I recall.

As for the origin of the 'S' symbol, I'm pretty sure that the Smallville high school's shield looked rather like the golden age symbol (the one with the red S on a black background) so that may have some significance.
Combining the kryptonian shape with the 'S' for Smallville may be his way of acknowledging both halves of his mixed heritage...or perhaps I'm reading too much into this.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movie the cape was the blanket his Kryptonian mother wrapped him in but they never showed the other blankets that formed the rest of his costume (according to the comics).

The costume was indestructable so Martha Kent had to unravel a thread then use Clark's heat vision to cut it so she could sew it into a suit for him.

His belt, boots, etc. all came from various straps inside the spacecraft.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So kryptonian blankets are indestructible and have a non-stick coating?
Ok, I'm satisfied.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

It can withstand a direct hit with six nuclear weapons but it's a bitch to dry clean.

--------------------

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the episode, but one of my friends at work said Clark whipped up the "S" shield in metal shop early in the series run. Supposedly his teacher was a little ticked off because it wasn't what he was supposed to be doing.

As for the whole thing with Jor-El, Clark's obsession with the idea that his father sent him to earth to "conquer" may be a result of mistranslation. That came from a message he saw projected inside his ship, telling him something on the order of "rule them with wisdom (been a while since I saw the episode -- could be mistaken about the wording). However, the first Christopher Reeve episode made a point of showing that Clark didn't fully understand the language. It's entirely possible he misinterpreted the text he was seeing.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for the fact that he just about tore Jonathon Kent's head off in order to get Clark into the cave chamber. Doesn't really bode well for his nice-guy image.

In the comics, the S Shield is the El family crest, right?

I caught the use of a stylized S as the Smallville letter, but I didn't think is was exactly what ends up on Supes' costume. I remember it being very close, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another option: Chloe was thrown from the building during the explosion. She's alive but horribly burned and in ICU.

Of course, since this is TV land, she can be expected to make a full recovery without the need of plastic surgery.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope not. She's way too cute to be horribly disfigured.

I'm still voting for time travel.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
In the comics, the S Shield is the El family crest, right?

I caught the use of a stylized S as the Smallville letter, but I didn't think is was exactly what ends up on Supes' costume. I remember it being very close, though.

Yeah, the "S" was the family crest.

The "S" on the Letterman's jacket, like all of the ones shown, has been very close to the one on the suit but just slightly off. Even the alien symbol of the "S" was a little bit off, so like someone said earlier it appears he used a mixture of the "S" from Krypton and the "S" from Smallville to represent the two sides of his upbringing.

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Let's hope not. She's way too cute to be horribly disfigured.

Seriously. Lana's alright but she's high maintenance. "You just saved my life for the fiftieth time but we have trust issues". Screw that. Chloe's hotter anyway.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah... Lana does seem to like the drama way too much.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I don't watch Smallville - i gave it about 5 episodes.

Anyway, there is some Smallville convention in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia - with both Clark and Lex. So if there is anyone in Brisbane, Queensland or Australia or even New Zealand, Oceania or further abroad there are details at:

THE 2004 SMALLVILLE EVENT
Brisbane City Hall
On sale NOW http://premier1.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=SMALLVIL04

Quite a coup for Brisvegas as they 'meaning TV stars for cons' usually just go to Sydney.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Wow... I'm surprised they could get Welling to do a Con. Generally the biggin's aren't interested. He's like... gorgeous. The women, and at least a few of the men, will certainly be going insane.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps