Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Anyone have a name for this??? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone have a name for this???
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god... I still want that screencap of Morgan Fairchild.

Gay checklist? The only one that I know of is the "checklist of the guys you sleep" within the Los Angeles area.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See, now, right there. That's going to be on it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait....you're gay!?!
I dont think anyone here saw that coming.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still confused... what does Morgan Fairchild have to do with a gay checklist?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Morgan Fairchild from Falcon's Crest who has a massive gay following (for some reason)? No idea.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, PM with your email addie and I'll hook you up with a high res file.

The brunette in that photo is fairly smokin', but he's holding her with all the skill of a nervous 10 year old. Maybe the pajama cape is cutting off the air to his brain.

Ok, this officially the only memory I have of The Greatest American Hero: I remember one episode where some red neck badguys had captured the heros and taken his supersuit. One of them had it on and was trying to figure out how to get it to work. They told him he had to tap the belt, so he did, then jumped off the roof of a barn to try and fly. He fell flat on his face, miraculously without cracking any ribs...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember plenty. Him running alongside a car in Charlie-Chaplin-speed, him bracing his arms over his face when bad guys shoot at him so that it looks like he's trying to shut out a fight between mom and dad.

And my favorite, when he's clasped to the hood of a driving car, with legs and cape flapping under it like a retard.
Apparently the friction generated by his massive ass made the cars slow to a stop.

There was an episode where he fought some sewer monster who electrocuted him into a cryptonite haze now and then. When I was 5, that episode scared me like hell.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what was the story behind his suit? It was of alien origin, right? And I take it from the discussion that it was indestructable and bulletproof, hence the need to shield his face with his sleeves.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. What I don't get is how it would enable him to chase cars. Maybe the fabric is a micro-thin exoskeleton, like a large muscle.

Also, I remember an episode where a few thugs was going to drown the guy by tying his wrists to a rope and dragging him from a speedboat, also slightly scary for 5-year old me.
Soon as he got his regular shirt off, though, he suddenly (re)gained the ability to fly, and took the boat with him. Maybe the suit's powers are hampered if it's covered by ordinary fabric?

So I'm thinking, three hooligans with outstretched bath towels, that would be the story of him.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The deal:

Aliens give dorky teacher (William Katt) a super suit to save the planet/ stop crime/ etc.

Through happenstance, a "tough as nails" FBI agent is there when the aliens show up in their giant (cool looking) ship and becomes the source of all the cases that will follow.
Super-geek does most of the work and FBI man gets the credit.

The aliens had given Katt an instruction book on the suit (cool in that the alien text of the book can only be read while the suit is on) but the dorky teacher loses the book after a tiff with his (impossibly hot) D.A. girlfriend.

There's an episode where the aliens come back and give Katt a new instruction book and he reads some of it- the suit has tons of cool powers that ne never knew about- including the ability to turn invisible and shrink real tiny.
Dork-o leaves the booklet on the ground while he's really tiny nad cant find it at the episode's end.

If they re-made this today with some buffy-style humor but with a lot more ass kicking, it could be very cool.
Mabye.

The episode with the haunted house and the evil (red glowy) presense that kept nearly killing Kat was indeed scary to watch as a kid.
IIRC, his super suit did not work in the other dimension the house was a gateway to and whatever was trapped in there was pretty tough.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ok... without all the dorko stuff in it, it might not be a bad premise. Something that gives you super powers, only works for you, but that you don't quite know how to use. I see elements of Green Lantern in the story line, as well as the TV show Voyagers, which was probably sort of current with GAH.

You'd have to give the aliens a better reason for giving him the suit then rediculously random benevolence. And the suit would have to be WAY cooler, possibly not a suit at all, but an item or part of a full suit.

And lord... why the name "The Greatest American Hero"? From what I'm reading, his nationality didn't really have anything to do with it. And noone knew he was the one doing all this stuff... so how was he so great?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allegedly I liked this show when it was on, but I have absolutely no memory of it. Or perhaps it was my cousin who liked it. Anyway, that first pass at a logo suggests his powers were granted by the Tholians.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah! That's where I recall those creepy eyes from!

Screamin' funny!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Jason, I tried to send it to you, but it bounced back on me. Something about a suspended mailbox...

If I have time later, I'll put it on my site and you can download it from there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voyagers. Why did you have to drag *that* one from the depths of my memory? This was 1982 and I was in 2nd grade, and I still remember it as being bad. Kind of an early Quantum Leap now that I think about it, though.

B.J.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps