Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Anyone have a name for this??? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone have a name for this???
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He went kinda overboard with the lens flare there (yes, I know it was painted, but the effect is the same).

Really, I think the abyssimal 80's rock soundtrack is what kills the movie more than the goofy premise or the poor acting.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, that girly looking sword couldn't intimidate a 7 year old.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's got bling and that's all that really matters.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also remember an 80's movie with an astronaut family that rode a bigass car called "ARK II", (a giant, white melon seed on wheels), everyone was dressed in silver latex uniforms and the bearded father/patriarch had a goofy jetpack which I thought was very cool at the time (kindergarten), and also there was a farmer-mob (inhabitants of the planet the ARK-family visited I think) what threw rocks at the father in midflight, causing him to sprain his ankle or something to that effect (lol owned).

I'd really appreciate any help with that, so I can get it somewhere and make my brother shit pants in surprise.

Have I missed anything? Hm... Oh yes, how could I forget?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am shitting my pants just linking to it, I don't mind telling you.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was not a perfect show & did not have the mature scripts we would come to see on such later Sat morning shows as Captain Power & Hypernauts.
What planet is this fucktard from that he thinks Captain Power had a "Mature script"?
I cant even tell you what "Hypernauts" was, but Captain Power was just a shill for a line of toys that interacted with the show.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Babylon 5 fans.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, humans will birth chimpanzees?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I WANT EVOLUTION LOOKING FORWARD NOT BACK

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
I also remember an 80's movie with an astronaut family that rode a bigass car called "ARK II", (a giant, white melon seed on wheels), everyone was dressed in silver latex uniforms and the bearded father/patriarch had a goofy jetpack which I thought was very cool at the time (kindergarten), and also there was a farmer-mob (inhabitants of the planet the ARK-family visited I think) what threw rocks at the father in midflight, causing him to sprain his ankle or something to that effect (lol owned).

I'd really appreciate any help with that, so I can get it somewhere and make my brother shit pants in surprise.

Have I missed anything? Hm... Oh yes, how could I forget?

Ark II was in the 70s
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get it... Ark, Ruth, Jonah, Samuel... THEY ALLHVAE BIBLE NAMES!!1!!! THERE SAVIGN THE PLANET!!!

I was down with Captain Power. I cried when the chick died at the end of the first season. Of course, I was like 11 at the time... and I was in love with her.

POWER ON!!!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HerbShrump:
quote:
Ark II was in the 70s
You quoted my entire entry just to point that out??? Trying to establish some cred with the nitpicker's guild?

Anyway, it didn't reach Sweden until in the 80's, so to me it's an 80's thing, junior.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Anyway, it didn't reach Sweden until in the 80's, so to me it's an 80's thing, junior.

Ah, I may be a junior member here, but I'm probably one of the few members here who actually WATCHED Ark II in the 70s.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are by no means the only person who does this, but since you are new I get to rant:

There is no need to quote some text if the text is in the post one inch above yours. Seriously, our attention spans are not that bad. And neither should yours be, unless watching crappy 70s TV has destroyed parts of your brain.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
You are by no means the only person who does this, but since you are new I get to rant:

There is no need to quote some text if the text is in the post one inch above yours. Seriously, our attention spans are not that bad. And neither should yours be, unless watching crappy 70s TV has destroyed parts of your brain.

Oh, I agree. That ranks right up there with someone quoting an entire post (especially a long one) only to reply to one small part of it.

It's like nails on a chalkboard....

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps