Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Anyone have a name for this??? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone have a name for this???
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny. Now go away.
rocketfett
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
"The Frozen Muffin", your description was spot on. I was trying to find the name of it also and didn't know it, but knew from your text that it was the exact same movie / pilot. I wish I had a copy of it also.

I don't understand all the contempt held for this pilot. Most of what's been made for tv the past decade isn't anywhere near as original as the plot for this pilot, and the acting in this pilot is easily better than the acting in most garbage on TV the past decade. Also, I don't recall having ever seen a sci-fi / space movie with a remotely similar plot. The acting was hardly horrible. I mean, it's easy to critique people trying to act against a blue screen pretending that a cheap set is a super advanced space warship. It's not so easy to be the one actually doing it. There are sure a lot of critics that seem to think they'd be better actors, and yet they're posting on here and not acting.

TV also, it seems, is just very hard on Space shows. Enterprise didn't even make a fourth season, and will likely be the end of the Star Trek franchise. Space: Above and Beyond, only made it a couple seasons I think, and startign with Star Trek TNG, DS9 has fewer seasons than TNG, and Voyager had fewer seasons than DS9, and Enterprise fewer than Voyager. B5 did well though. And NONE of them were on one of the big 3 networks. I don't recall a sci-fi space TV series on the big 3 since the original Star Trek. I cringe at the thought that there will be a Star Wars hour long series showing the 20 year time period between Episode III and IV. I cringe because of what the tv executive idiots will do to it.

Also, I don't understand the critique about the crew on this Pilot being ethnically diverse. If they had all been white, it would have been called racist because there weren't people of color on it. After all, the fact that the original Star Trek crew were of several ethinic backgrounds was one of it's most respected crowning acomplishments. Now, when another movie / pilot does that, it's basically called race pandering. I could give a fuzzy rip what color the actors in a show are. I just want good original scripts and storylines, and Star Command had that. It was original. It wasn't predictable (other than you knew they wouldn't all be killed), and it perfectly displayed the long time vehicle of the imagination, and many times reality in history, that sometimes there are a very talented handfull of people, brought together by some twist of fate in the same place, at the same time, with enormously high stakes, that manage to somehow overcome the odds and defeat a superior adversary, even though they're outmanned, outgunned, and underclassed. That is the MAJOR thing that made Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars the two most successful movie franchises in history. So I think some here have been way too hard on it. I think easily, if it had been given a $25+ million budget, and maybe a couple more recognizable actors, and some dialogue improvements, just for content, it would have been a hit in theaters. The core elements of the plot and storyline in the script are original and exciting. Not sure where all the angst is coming from. Everyone is a drama critic I guess. [Smile]

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buh? Enterprise is ending in season 4. TNG, DS9 and Voyager all had 7 seasons.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are we talking about, again?

The old Battlestar Galactica was on ABC.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rocketfett = crackhead?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

rocketfett
Ex-Member

Topher, are you sure? I thought the Enterprise Season 2 was the one where they were on the year long mission to find the sphere, and this season is the third one. Were there two seasons before the "Sphere" season? It doesn't seem like it's been three seasons already. Also, I'm pretty sure TNG made at least eight or nine seasons. I have most all of them taped, and it seems like there are too many to fit in just seven seasons. And Voyager only had five or six seasons I thought. Are you positive all three of them had seven seasons?
rocketfett
Ex-Member

mighty blogger snay, is there some reason you're a dork to someone new on the board, or is it just your personality to act like a 40 IQ child? In any event, I didn't mention your name, or ask you a question, or say a thing about anything you've said previously on the board, so with all due respect, piss off and grow up. If I want a comment from you I'll tell you what to say.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rocketfett,

Trying to determine a reason why you don't know how many seasons DS9 and Voyager ran, the only logical explanation I could determine is that you are (or were) a crackhead (which is much more kind than calling you "ignorant"). If you don't like how I express myself to you, feel free to not read my posts. To sum up: quit the whining, ass.

-Snay

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

rocketfett
Ex-Member

snay, the stupidity of your post speaks for itself. What are you, 12 years old or something? Let me spell it out for you. The reason, that is, that I do not know exactly how many seasons DS9 and Voyager ran. It's called "having a life". I could give a fuzzy rip how many years a show ran for. I either liked them or not. And I did, but I didn't wait with baited breath for each episode or keep count of how many there were and what they were each called, and I don't speak or read Klingon, which I think already is another difference between you and I. I'm married, have a kid, and a career, and so these tv shows do not have a very important place in my life. I've seen all the original episodes. I've seen all ten of the movies when they were new in theaters. Have the ones I like most on DVD, and have seen, to my knowledge, every episode of all four new ST series. But it is not my all consuming thought in life. It's fiction. Not real. You desperately need a life. The fact that you were trolling on here and able to respond immediately to my post, which I made a day after yours, kinda illustrates the fact that you have no life, live on the net, and are decidedly disconnected from reality. Give me your address and I'll gladly send you a quarter so you can go rent someone's used life that they got tired of. I wasn't whining, I just don't take crap from some pathetic no-life troglodyte Internet hack like you. Up yours loser.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) TNG, DS9 and VGR all had seven seasons, as about five seconds research would tell you.

2) You just posted a long, partially coherent rant in a topic which has been dead for four months.

3) You then go on to insult someone rather vociferously for a really not too bad comment. And you do this in a double post.

You seem, Rocketfett, to be unneccesarily over sensitive or a troll. I see you're from Texas though, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that aggression is your automatic response.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

rocketfett
Ex-Member

Okay wraith, clearly, this site is full of losers who consider their knowledge of sci-fi to be the end all be all. I'll gladly put my 139 IQ against yours or anyone else here any day of the week. The fact you call my post partially coherent and a rant kinda shows your limited speech skills. Yes, I could have done the research to see how many seasons each show ran, but I DID NOT CARE! I still don't care. They're just TV shows. People like you are why when someone says they're a Sci-Fi fan, normal people roll their eyes. That's why I asked, and if they did all have seven years, then great. But it still doesn't matter. Do you guys ever get out in the real world? It doesn't seem like it.

This may be an old thread to you, but I hadn't posted on it, hadn't been here, and just found it last week because I was looking for info on that movie, and a google search found Star Command in this thread. I could care less about the inane blather that took place the last six pages of this thread. I was only interested in the first page, which only half of that was actually pertaining to the subject. People like you are why I don't waste my time on forums because there are children with no people skills who don't know how to be polite and friendly and interact with people without picking fights. But whatever. By all means stay here and have your little forum world instead of a real life. snay was being a prick for making a comment like that to someone new, acting as though the number of seasons a show ran is somehow important common knowledge to normal people in the world, which it is neither, and you by defending him, apparently are just like him. The stupidity of your Texas comment says it all. I've lived in ten different states, was born in Florida and have family in five others. So shove your stupid Texas comment. People like you are morons whatever state you're in. I got what I wanted from this place, so there's no reason to even be here anymore, and idiots like you two are the best reason in the world NOT to waste time posting here. Typical net-losers Have a nice lack of a life. Stupid sci-fi freak.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's quite enough of this.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps