Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "The Reckoning, Part I" [Spoilers]

Author Topic: SG1 "The Reckoning, Part I" [Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much happens in this episode it's not even funny. I'll have to get another viewing in to catch half of it.

-Hey, it's that space station (AND the council set!) from "Summit". It seems that Baal has trumped everyone up real good, as there are only three independent System Lords left (available, anyway), led by Yu. Amaterasu was nowhere to be seen when Baal's representative, a minor (and nameless) Goa'uld, demands their surrender. Unfortunately, Carter is suddenly discovered by the envoy, is brought before them all...

-...And goes WITCHBLADE on Yu, killing him! YUUUUUUUU! RepliCarter is BACK - roll opening credits.

-I sorta expected Yu to go out in a blaze of glory. Not so...

-We start with SG-1 and Bra'tac in charge of a Ha'tak (!), looking to take on Amaterasu when another ship arrives. The Jaffa are making their final strike, starting with her. Unfortunately they don't get that far - the Ha'tak that arrives has been taken over by Replicators, who quickly abduct Daniel. The other ship, commanded by longtime scarhead Rak'nor, didn't show up - he may be dead.

-The CIC room seen in "Full Alert" (and possibly before - this is a new set fo this year) is back. The Tok'ra have sent the past few years tagging Goa'uld motherships with beacons - they've marked over 100 ships, which gives a fair estimation of the remaining Goa'uld fleet of these things. The nice galaxy map we subsequently see seems to give us our first real look at how stuff is arranged - and how the Replicator is set to waste the whole GALAXY in a matter of weeks.

-Amazingly, the Replicator invasion has caused much of the remaining Jaffa fifth column to flock BACK to their former System Lords, seeing the Replicators as punishment for their desertion. This sucks - if ANYONE finds a way to defeat the Replicators, the System Lords will find a way to take credit and solidify their authority.

-About Thor, Jack says: "Well, let him know what's gonig on... And don't be afraid to remind him that we've saved his cute little grey thong several times." [Smile]

-Teal'c wants to captured the never-before-heard-of-yet-everyone-knows-about-it temple of Ta'kara. This is where the first symbiotes were implanted, and the first Jaffa created. If they take this place, even the most stubborn Jaffa will have to question his loyalty to the Goa'uld.

-They've decided NOT to use the time machine to try to alter this mess. Come back in a few weeks to find out why. [Smile]

-Replicarter is convinced that Daniel holds memories of when he was ascended, and proceeds to scoop through his brain to find them.

-Hello, children! ISAAC HAYES plays Tolok, the badass motherfucker Jaffa priest and former servant to Heru'ur. We see a LOT of tattoos in this episode, including a few I'm not familiar with offhand. Pictures show the symbols of Apophis, Heru'ur, Moloc and Sokar, among others.

-Heading to Ta'Kara with THREE Ha'tak (anyone remember when it was a bucket of hurt just getting their hands on ONE of these things?!), Teal'c and his merry men take over the joint with little resistance. Meanwhile, Daniel is being scooped, but Oma shows up offering a chance for ascension again to escape it. MEANWHILE, Carter and Thor (who's still got his cute mini-chariot) have figured out how to make the Asgard anti-replicator weapon work again. Rock on.

-Augh! Anubis is alive and thawed out (AND mostly regenerated), and Baal has always been in his service! Also, they seem to have set up shop on Delmak, Sokar's old hood, according to the stock footage (including a curiously intact Ne'tu in orbit).

-Anubis' condition seems to require him to swap bodies periodically - these guys must be minor Goa'uld, which would probably explain their voices. He orders everyone to move on Ta'kara. Meanwhile, Oma isn't actually Oma, which we kinda figured on - they head there too. MEANWHILE, the mods to the anti-replicator weapon doesn't work very well. Stuff begins to hit the fan very quickly. [Smile]

-Soon, everyone knows that Ta'kara houses an Ancient weapon - the fricking genesis device! It'd reformat the whole galaxy, and the only ones who could survive would have to be at least partially noncorporeal. That would be Anubis, who's nuts enough to use it to wipe out EVERYONE so he can get his way, making even Baal scared. Roll end credits.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"About Thor, Jack says: 'Well, let him know what's gonig on... And don't be afraid to remind him that we've saved his cute little grey thong several times.'"

"Bum", I thought he said.

And I'd assumed Anubis' hosts were just humans, and it was his possession of them that altered their voices.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's bum. I was watching something... else... earlier.

I'm still thinking Goa'uld possession though, since in "Lockdown" when he was bouncing around between bodies and he didn't seem to be doing the low voice thing IIRC. I'd forgotten what him being in other bodies does to them, and that staying in one for more than a few weeks will kill them... Maybe he just likes the feeling of a snake in his head. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the guy he moved to during the episode seemed pretty scared about being possesed... Rather un-Goa'uld-like.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Could be a Tok'ra... And we've seen scared Goa'uld on occasion. They're people too. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where'd she stab him, anyway? Maybe Yu will come back--I kinda like the guy.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Right through the belly. Kinda of an inauspicious way to go, really... Was expecting more from the oldest living Goa'uld.

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he was senile.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm sure his sarcophagus will do something for him...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

If there was anyone left to PUT him in one, which I really, really doubt.

Mark

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps