Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Babylon 5 movie (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Babylon 5 movie
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, who'd ever name their kid something as insane as "Diane Baker"?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it looks like this is really a "Crusade +" movie. Pity they just didn't flat out make it a Crusade movie with the other GOOD characters... Dureena Nafeel, Max Eilerson and Captain Gideon - actually perhaps for the exception of the Doctor on Crusade - that was a pretty good group of characters!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just poor dialogue and a real lack of any urgency at all made the show (often) suck pretty hard.

It would have been far better if the crew was always stressed about someting...like mabye the countdown to everyone on Earth dying if they dont find a cure!

That might stress me out a tad, but not the crew of the Excalibur: plenty of chuckles in almost every episode.

Better than Legend Of the Rangers though (I refuse to use LOTR to describe such crap-ola).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with you on both points there Jason - the 'feel' of the show was too, laid back - as if they KNEW that they had at least 5 years to deal with the threat. Each episode should have been a nerve-wracking search for the truth/cure. Sorta like an "outbreak" situation perhaps? Yes, too many chuckles and side-stories. The series was directionless. I mean we had episodes at strip clubs, dealing with Scully and Mulder aliens, uniform design etc. etc.

And yes I shudder when I see the B5:LOTR acronym.

Legend of the Rangers or nothing thanks.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're supposed to be nerds here! How about just the First One who looks like a flying radio mast? That's the most rare one.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good, either.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're gonna be a 'tease about it I hope you can back it up.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here my friend:
http://hyperspace.isnnews.net/first/index.html

It was almost as if I went to Google and typed in "babylon five first ones ships" and this appeared. [Wink]

One cool ship, an antenna and two fiery potatoes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I hope you can back it up."

You question me, turnip slayer? I can back up anything. Oh yes, I can.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Is that a Tyrannosaurus Skull? Is that trying to say that that Predator is millions of years old - or it got it off another planet that also evolved dinosaurs?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those first ones really bugged me. First, in the episode dilogue, they mentioned having five, yet we only see those four guys (HA! Take THAT, Mr. JM "I can explain everything in my own story" S!). Secondly, on at least one of those ships we were led to believe that is actually WAS a ship, milions of years old, with a single crew that was tooling around the galaxy with no real mission.

I dunno, sounded a lot like hunting for Pokemon, really...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a First Ones ship that was a Big Giant Head?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BGH materalized onboard Team White Star's ship and grumbled at them. But it was being projected from the ship that was nearby, rather than flying around in space on its own, as I recall.
Cartman
Member # 256

Zog.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zog? What, Zog yes or Zog no?

The BGH was from the huge one that sorta looked like the big jellyfish from "Encounter at Farpoint", except dark and sparkly. And it was more like a mask over a bright light or something. Anyone have a screener of that?

Mark

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps